*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000232-Me--The-Outlook-Series
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1000232
All these pieces in the ‘Outlook Series’ are my creative outlet of self-expression.
Me! Some have asked what I want most in life.

"I want a house", I say. A house they ask. "That's simple".

"No!" I say. "I want a house on a cliff".

"A house on a cliff...hum ... unusual", they raise their browse.

I visualize this house on a precipice painted white and nice, and under it the sea.

Then I open my eyes wider and grasp their attention once more.

"Oh! I almost forgot it must be near the sea, a house on a cliff near the beach."

Therefore, that is me! I dream of a house that is surrounded by crystal, clear water and shinning weather with sunny innocence. Somehow, I could make it come true.

Yes, I could restrain myself from lives simple pleasures and save for the reality of my house. However, imagine "Me" in this dreamy house of mine with sorrowful memories of sacrifice and doom with the nostalgia of the yesterdays, I never enjoyed.

On the other hand, or worst yet! Think of how shameful it would be; if all my days of longing into accomplishing my dreams were to abruptly end in nature's thunder of lighting, a disastrous accident or terminal illness.

Better yet! Someone should just kill me. In that case, my house cannot accompany me to my death!

Somehow, I cannot work for, what I treasure most. It must just occur in my destiny.

Just happen! If it takes place, I will have it. Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with dreaming.


Should I, is the question that has debated all of my life.

A dreamer ... it is great to dream. Yet in reality, the dreamer has become a dream that dies.

Like the house I desperately want; I only long for and would never materialize but in my dreams. For me it is relatively simple: I fantasize in the Don Quixote of my desires and I understand that in the real world I will never be satisfied. I can only be happy by dreaming because for me dreams do not come true - they only alleviate life's hell.

I give life my best and it is never good enough.
It is destiny's foul play.

I am just a fool to believe, I dream; I believe.

One day when someone asks me what do I want most in life I shall answer, “To know what life wants of me"?

I am just a fool to believe in life.

It just happens. That is I! True ... truth.

Me!
© Copyright 2005 Coquijontas (coquijontas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000232-Me--The-Outlook-Series