*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000616-Call-Me-Candy
by leinxu
Rated: E · Other · Satire · #1000616
A unique perspective at the inner world of an insecure girl living a high-pressure life.
When it's 2.31am, which it is now, there is a tug at my heart and slowly the door that had been shut opened. Without as much as a creak or squeak. No mouse in sight. Roger that. No mouse. Please fold me up and hide me in an apple where I'm safe without the bullies pecking me.

I want the bedsheets to cover me like a blanket. The pillows to sing me a soft lullaby and lure me to sleep - which I can't afford. A luxury. Like chocolate ice-cream and rich cakes. I'm not poor, mind you. Just a little off. I want my bolster to give me a hug. Impossible! I own a limousine, an apartment, and my precious sanity. My bank is corrupted and soon all bankrupt.

I'm a seller. Never a buyer. I want to be like the purple flower beside the drain; still majestic in all its poignant tragedy. Dark and brooding. Yet, alive and well. Ramblings running rampant. Well waters washing, washing, washing. I need a ocean to fill me up. You emptied the seas for me. I gulped them down with my straws. I'm full. Are you?

Bloated yes. Satisfied no.Tell me the underlying truth and I'll hit on you. Capping I'd not do and that I promise you. I do, I do. I screamed with my veins and yelled with my eyes. I was never silent. Nor passive. Warped I'm not. A bee perhaps? Flying through the net and never once caught. Got the sting but not the head.

So I bow with dignity and kneel beside my pride. I was robbed and the cops thought it farce. Giggles I returned and you smiled with obvious delight. Of course you would. See me change and never ask why. The answer questioned and the question answered. That day. In the umbrella under the rain.

No more games. I'm brisk with business. Show your hand to prove me your worthiness. Should I doubt please knock my knuckles. Wake up, my friend, morning's a light. Turn on the lights and you see a plump candy. Sweet and innocent. Plump candy. You guessed it.

My name's Candy. I'd rather you call me...
© Copyright 2005 leinxu (freudslip at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000616-Call-Me-Candy