*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001318-The-Balance-of-Power-and-the-Heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Chelle
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1001318
The story takes place in modern times, but has a feel of antiquity to it.
Ch. 1
“Man, I hate looking for jobs! You would think that someone with a college degree in Anthropology and a Masters in Cultural Rituals could find a job in a museum or something! This is grating my nerves. If this one doesn’t work I don’t know what I’m going to do.” thought Charlotte Essence. Charlotte Essence is a tall shapely chocolate brown-skinned woman, dressed in a navy blue suit with a white blouse underneath. She has shoulder length brown hair with golden brown highlights and large doe brown eyes that reflects what she feels, if you know how to read them.
“Welcome to the Museum of Natural History, do you have an appointment?” asked the secretary sitting behind a large circular mahogany desk. Her hair was in a severe bun on the crown of her hear. She wore a simple grey suit with a pink blouse underneath.
“Yes I do, I’m here for an interview with Mr. Troutman for the Assistant position.”
“Ok, Mr. Troutman is currently with another applicant, but if you take a seat and fill out this questionnaire I’ll let you know when it will be you’re turn to go in.”
“Alright, thank you.”
“Your welcome”




© Copyright 2005 Chelle (chelle05 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001318-The-Balance-of-Power-and-the-Heart