*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001452-Nothing-minus-Nothing-Equals-Nothing
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Experience · #1001452
Does betrayal hurt worse when done by a non-stranger?
Nothing Minus Nothing Equals Nothing

It's a cryptic puzzle, and I need to figure it out. Let's say that the really good thing about having nothing is there's nothing else to lose. And you can't miss much what's been gone a long time.

Abandonment only hurts really bad the first time around. Times two, three, four and so on just diminishes the memories of what wasn't there in the first place.

If you kick a dog long enough, it begins to crawl on it's stomach for a while. If it still gets kicked, it turns and crawls the other way. Even dogs learn a thing or two, in time.

Take ten days and multiply by 30 minutes. That's one and a half hours per month. Not much in the scheme of things, especially if you have to guess when the 90 minutes will be. Will it be today, next week, next month, next year. See how it goes?

Well, it's 4 a.m. and I still haven't solved it. Another day, another loss. What's the cliche?? "It's always darkest just before dawn."

Oh, I almost forgot. Does betrayal by someone you know hurt worse than betrayal by a stranger? Of course, it's difficult to determine who the stranger really is on some days.
© Copyright 2005 Iva Lilly Durham (crankee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001452-Nothing-minus-Nothing-Equals-Nothing