*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002718-A-Guardian-Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1002718
This is a true story!
This is a true story that happenend when my son was five years old. It happened 19 years ago but I can remember when it happened like it was yesterday.

My husband and I had gone to a doughnut shop that morning to get some doughnuts and coffee. While there, suddenly, I started to feel hot. The feeling, in just a few short minutes, went from feeling hot to feeling like I was on fire. I honestly felt like I was going to spontaneously combust. Along with this very uncomfortable feeling, I started getting sick to my stomach. I felt my skin and to the touch it felt fine, it was like this horrible torch feeling was coming from the inside.

I told my husband to take me home, that I was feeling sick. On the way home, all of a sudden, everything went blank and all I could see was what I could best describe as a blank movie screen. I could hear fine, but I couldn't see anything but white.

Slowly the screen came to life. Right in the middle of the screen I saw a Silver Wolf. In the
bottom left hand of the screen I saw a little boy, dark complected with brown hair. The wolf kept looking at this little boy. In the top right hand of the screen I saw a dark complected, dark haired man. He was looking down at the wolf. As I was seeing all of this I was telling my husband about it.

This seemed to last forever to me, in reality it lasted about five minutes. I had no idea what had just happened, but trust me, I was unnerved beyond belief. I happened to have a friend that was a documented psychic and all I could do when I got home was head for the phone to call her to see if she had any kind of explanation to what just happened.

I told her what had happened and she asked me if I had a son. I told her I did indeed have a son. She then told me she thought this was some kind of warning about my son.

I asked her what a silver wolf was supposed to be and she explained to me it had two meanings. The first one was Gods' Avenging Angel which meant someone was in alot of trouble. Then she told me the second meaning. A silver wolf could also mean God's Guarding Angel.

She then proceeded to tell me that she thought the meaning of the wolf I saw was the later. To watch my son, he was in some kind of danger.

I actully did not take her seriously, after all, my son had blonde hair and blue eyes and did not look anything at all like the little boy I saw in that moving picture. When I hung up the phone I tried to forget all about that bizarre thing that happened to me. I blew my psychic friend off and tried to have what was a normal day.

The next day I was out in the yard talking to my neighbor. During this discussion I heard sirens. We lived in a very large city, so I didn't take much notice of them because a person hears them all the time.

While still talking with my neighbor a young boy came running down the street. He stopped at my yard and said "Are you Shane's mother?" I said that I was. Then he said to me "Shane just got hit by a car in front of the school!"

Needless to say I took off at a dead run. I was running so fast if someone would have ran into me I probably would have killed them when our bodies impacted. The adrenalin rush almost made my ability for speed superhuman, I swear to God my feet were moving on air.

When I got to the crowd of police cars, fire trucks, ambulance and people I jumped over some people bending over my son and grabbed him. A police officer asked me who I was and I literally snarled at him that I was Shane's mother.

As I was gasping for air, I noticed my son was awake and in a sitting position. I carefully lifted his head so I could look at him and he said to me, as sweetly as any five year old, "Geez mom you should have seen me spin!"

The ambulance attendants wanted to finish looking him over and suggested we get out of the middle of the street and go to the sidewalk. Needless to say my legs refused to budge so the kind police officers picked me up and put me on the grass.

The children that were with my son were telling me that Shane did what every single child is told never to do. He walked out between two parked cars. There was a woman in a car going by as he ran into the road. Because he was to small for her to see and this happened so fast she did not realize that her mirror from the outside, on her car door, had hit Shane in the head and broken off. She had looked out her rear view mirror to see if she could figure out what the "whump" noise was.

She did not see anything (she actually thought she might have gone over a pot hole) so she kept driving, but she was driving very slowly as she was still somewhat perplexed about that noise she heard.

It was right at this point of the story that I heard a man's voice say, "I would have staked my life that your son was dead. I was on the roof top on the house across the street. When your son ran out in the street the womans mirror on her car door hit your son in the head. It tore off her mirror and the impact slung your son backwards into a parked car, then he went forward and landed underneath her car tires. She wasn't going fast, but she never stopped so your sons head was under her back tires. I thought for sure she ran over it." the man telling me this story was the man I saw in that vision.

My son ended up with only a concussion.
To this day I swear there was a Guardian Angel watching over him.

True Story!!


© Copyright 2005 WINTERMYST (wintermyst at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002718-A-Guardian-Angel