*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002872-Miracle-Fish
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #1002872
About a creature who almost died but miracoulously recovered.
         Over a year ago my sister decided to buy two small Flower Horns. Both of them were from a special breed, and it was obvious from how their heads grew and the way their colors had become so vibrant that they were indeed special. As time passed, they both grew, approximately to a palm-sized fish. Sadly the bigger and prettier one died because the oxygen pump cord had accidentally been pulled without our knowledge. It was on the following morning when we found out, and he was already dead by then. I remember that horrible time when we buried Eddieboy Fish, as we called him. My sister and I were crying as I dug up the grave in our front yard and my father was trying to look calm and collected, but inside I could see that he was mourning, too. After that incident the fish that was left alive seemed closer to us. We never wanted to lose a pet that way again, so we were extra careful with the pump cord and her diet.

         But after only a few weeks, the fish fell horribly sick. It was due to rapidly changing weather and we couldn't do anything about it. We watched in agony as she slowly became weak and pretty much lifeless.

         Her red eyes turned white, her gold and red color had turned black, and numerous deep holes appeared in her face. Overtime her tail and fins began to rot, too, and she couldn’t swim or even move anymore. Day after day she only stayed in one corner of the aquarium, completely lopsided, and she didn’t eat for almost two months.

         Of course we gave her medicines and did everything we could on those times, but nothing seemed to work. Until one night it came to the point that the fish looked so pathetic that we decided that it was better for her to die. My father and I prayed and told God that if by the next day the fish weren’t dead, He would surely give her a miracle. And by the next day, she was still alive. We believed that even though she was only a fish, a pet, God honored our prayer and that sooner or later the miracle would come.

         Today the fish has grown its tail and fins back, and her eyes are once more a bright red. Her color became brighter and she is even healthier than she was before she fell sick. Also, she is even more aggressive and affectionate. She follows our fingers, plays with our hands in this cutesy way, and excitedly becomes active everytime she catches sight of any one in our family. She has become a new creature.

         After everything that happened we can only come to the conclusion that God is faithful, even to little things like that tiny creature we call “the Miracle Fish”, our lovely fish pet.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
CORFISH our Miracle Fish
© Copyright 2005 pencilsoverpens (chino29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002872-Miracle-Fish