*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004015-The-Time-Machine
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1004015
At last! A truly functional time machine. Impossible? Nope. Read this!
The Time Machine

“Laugh at me will they?” scoffed Julius. “Who’s the idiot now? They’ll sing another song once I have demonstrated my Time Machine! They’ll see how I have achieved what no other mind has been capable of!” He giggled.
Julius moved to stand before his beautiful achievement. Wires ran from the back of a metal chair, interfacing a computer, and a large grandfather clock. Clamped upon the right arm of the rusting chair was a digital keypad.
Unable to control his glee he moved to use his beautiful time machine just once more before revealing his genius to the world. He plopped upon the soft cushion he had fashioned to the metal seat. Moving his hand across the keypad he entered the password. He paused just before initializing the instrument, enjoying the giddy sensation, which accompanied each use. Finally he pulled the giant lever strapped to the left arm of the host chair. A signal was relayed to the computer then to the grandfather clock. From a stereo speaker hanging from cap wire on the side of the chair resonated an echoed voice, sounding very much like Julius’ voice. “ THE TIME IS SIX P.M.!” boomed the voice.
Julius slumped in the chair looking towards the heavens in ecstasy. “ My time machine.” he sighed “ and not a minute slow” he beamed.
© Copyright 2005 Alphamale (lewisks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004015-The-Time-Machine