*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004141-reality
by spacer
Rated: · Fiction · Inspirational · #1004141
Jarman had long disbelieved in "THE Big Bang" theory. He began to see reality!
Whilst walking his girl friend on a North Sea cliff top on summers evening, Jarman stopped for a cigarette.
His girlfriend Alison, a beautiful nineteen year old brunette stared at the sky and said.
"Can you see molecules?"
He took a long pull on his cigarette, held the smoke for a while, slowly let it out then replied.
"Yes I can, thousands of them, little shiny dots and slowly moving bubbles and back dots."
"So can I,” said Alison.” Perhaps we are the only two in the world that can see them."
They hugged each other passionately and kissed.
That was the beginning of an appreciation of reality for Jarman, he had a scientific mind,
and knew that there must be an explanation of the phenomena. He began looking at things much more carefully. The 'molecules' were in every thing, but much more noticeable on plain surfaces. As his skill increased he could see them with his eyes closed or in a dark room.
He learned of an artist Seurat who invented 'Pointilism' a technique which uses
tiny spots of coloured paint. He thought that if Seurat couldn't actually see the grain in things
then he must have instinctively tried to portray
the reality of nature.
"Just look at the TV screen when its tuned off station," he said to Alison one night.
They watched the old black and white screen together. The dots and swirling snow moved much faster than the molecules on the wall.
They sat holding hands,entranced watching the moving myraid."This is reality",said Alison.

" It's like waching the energy in everything", said Jarman.He had read a little of Einstein and remembered the quote "Matter is frozen energy".

He put his hand on her leg.He could feel her energy.
She looked at him for a kiss.
She could feel his energy.

The TV that was a mass of swirling electrons, now seemd to take some order, two fish shapes seemed to take form. The fishes danced around each other
slowly as if detecting theirselves.




© Copyright 2005 spacer (UN: spacer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
© Copyright 2005 spacer (spacer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004141-reality