*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006202-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1006202
This is the beginning of a story about a child living in an alternative universe.
Chapter 1: The Beginning

The wind was howling outside, the wind was blowing the trees from side to side with. There was a danger of it toppling over but the weatherman had said to expect this kind of weather, but I didnt believe him as I had made plans to go see Jimmy. But that was thrown out the window when I was sent home for the first time for trouble at school. I thought I would be able to go out but the weather overruled that. What I didn't think could possibly happen to a normal young boy most certainly did on this day of strange experiences.



"Daniel, Daniel, Daniel." Repeated Mum as she stood there helplessly holding a bowl of mashed potato with a wooden spoon in hand. With her long blonde hair down to her shoulders and her average height and built she did look beautiful as my dad says. She was wearing her usual cooking outfit - a long brown dress, with her multicoloured apron which always brought a smile.

"Oh sorry, pardon?" I asked not remembering what was said.
"Would you like some more mashed potato to accompany your steak and salad?" She asked.
"Um, I'm fine mum I think I've got enough to fill me till next Tuesday." I joked. She had placed a large steak in the middle of the plate surrounded on one side by a ton of green salad mixed in with tomatos and cumcumbers. Flanking this was a whole mountain of creamed mashed potato, her speciality.

It was a regular Wednesday night, steak night. The family and I all sat around the large wooden dining table in the setting of our regular feast. Mum really knew how to cook en mass, especially considering she was a part-time chef at a local restaurant.

"Rebecca can you pass me the salt please." I requested in the direction of my 10 year old sister sitting opposite me.
She was hidden behind the centre piece of a bouquet of flowers which mum thought brighted the place up. It certainly did that except the combination of tulips and rose are slightly overwelming when your eating salad. I dare not say anything to avoid consquences.
"Dave", she began, "I cant reach you its these flowers, there impossible to reach over." She said with a slight smerk and joke.

My sister and I agreed on most things but apart from that we were completely different. Mother frowned. Dad however tried to contain the laughter. This was a family of laughter, we always shared stories that made us laugh during dinner time. Except this time was different as I had somehow misbehaved at school and had been told to come down from my room for dinner.

After dinner, I was on punishment detail, locked in my room till morning without any supper. I had never experienced this, but I always had something to do, generally I would walk over to my extended pine book case and choose a book and read till I fell asleep.

This night however would not be the case, especially considering when I awoke it was not because of it being time for school, but because of something else. Something strange and different, something I had experienced all day so it was nothing new. I thought nothing of it and fell back to sleep. What I didnt expect was from that day onwards was the change it had on my life.
© Copyright 2005 Dangerous (dangerous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006202-Chapter-1