*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006828-Emilys-Locket
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Mystery · #1006828
Prologue to Emily's Locket
Emily’s Locket






Prologue



Tracy could feel the tip of the ice-cold gun barrel pressed forcefully into the small of her back. She kept her hands up, as the voice behind her continued to drone on.
“You really didn’t think you could get away with it did you?” The man said in a deep horse voice.
Tracy didn’t reply. As she felt the tip of the gun barrel dig deeper into the small of her back, the gun dug deeper into her flesh.
“All I did was write the truth. Do you have a different version? Let me write it. Let me tell your side.” She hoped being supportive would defuse the situation.
“I don’t think so sister, boss said to get rid of you. Permanent-like, he said. It’s a shame too.” He said as he ran his free hand over her ass, squeezing as he pushed her in a forward motion toward the end of the dock.
The salty air and decaying fish smell assaulted her senses making her gag excessively. She wanted to put her hand to her nose, but was afraid it would antagonize the man.
Without warning, lights flashed around them and a loud voice broke the silence.
“Don’t move! Police! We’ve got you surrounded Jackson.”
Tracy felt the gun barrel slowly move away from her. She sensed the man turn behind her. She didn’t waste any time as she dove head first behind a pile of crates, being sure to keep her head tucked deep into her chest. She heard Jackson move toward her, then a single ear piercing gunshot was heard, followed by the loud thud of a body falling on to the wooden pier.
At first she was afraid to move but then like a turtle coming out of its shell ever so slowly she lifted her head over the crates and saw the man the police called Jackson lying in a pool of his own blood. Within seconds, the area was invaded by police officers all pointing guns toward Jackson’s body and then at her. She put her hands up and slowly rose to her feet.
A familiar face emerged from the back of the crowd.
”She’s with me guys.”
Her eyes met his and she said, “Iggy?” Tracy lowered her hands. “Oh my God, Am I glad to see you.”

© Copyright 2005 authorsami (authorsami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006828-Emilys-Locket