*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006843-Big-Bro-Kid-Sis
by Lass
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1006843
They'll never change
Only little sisters understand what it is like to have a big brother. No matter their age, their background, or who else is within their family; that relationship is always unique.

My big brother beat up on me and told on me to our parents when we were younger. I remember once I said 'bogie' and he told; I cried; Mum laughed.

He made me cry by calling me names like 'pooface', and telling everyone that I wet the bed.

When his friends used to come over for dinner he'd completely ignore me. When I brought them a drink he turned to his friend and said, 'oh don't worry, that's just my kid sister' and waved me off with the back of his hand, then resumed to his intense game of space invaders on the computer.

When we went on holiday I'd follow him around like a puppy dog because Mum told me to. He got annoyed and pushed me to the floor and I started to cry saying 'I'm only following you because Mum told me to.'


Although big brothers make you cry, make you feel about as small as a maggot and make you do everything for them when they can't be bothered to move - you still think they're the greatest.

All of those bad things that come along with older brothers seem to lose importance. All you see is how much they love you.

Like that time when I fell off my bike and grazed my knee and he went to get me a piece of wet tissue because he couldn't find the first-aid kit.

Or that time when I tripped over the side of the pool and fell in with all of my clothes on and he jumped in after me to pull me out.

Or my first day of school when I was shaking in my boots and he gave me a hug and said, 'everything is going to be just fine, I promise - I'll be right there with you.'


As you grow older he finds that you are not as annoying as he thought you were, you are not a burden, or an inconvenience - he just sees you as his own.

So, now...

Instead of hitting and fighting - we talk.

Instead of following behind him, I walk next to him.

And when his friends come over for dinner he locks me in my room so they can't get their filthy hormonal hands on his little sister.


Big brothers however seem to know exactly how to manipulate and control you into doing exactly what they want you to do because they are fully aware of the power a big brother has over his little sister. That is one thing that will never change.
© Copyright 2005 Lass (keleese at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006843-Big-Bro-Kid-Sis