*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007626-Laughing-at-Humans
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Educational · #1007626
Simple observations of humans can have me laughing on the floor.
Why do we do the things we do? why do we react to situations so similarly, yet so different. Who developed the basis upon how we act?

These are some of the things I think about as I walk around the community, going to work or school, or watching the neighbor kids play. Parents teach their kids "the way to act" and they do that by what they have been taught. Some days my little brother will come home from school and I will act so excited to see him. "Hey Gene how was school," I'll say. he gives the normal reply, "Oh, it was pretty good." I will ask him, "What do you want to do today; hey lets go to the store and buy some toys then we can come home and play video games." He bolts for his room yelling back at me, "Ok." I laugh at him and think, why in the world are video games fun to us why would we rather do some things than others. I have a friend and when he lies to me his lip curls and I simply laugh at him and say, "Oh really." He turns his head to one side and fumbles for a smart answer. I have figured out that insecurity plays a very large role in lives of people we think confident. I have been told by teachers and friends what a leader I am. And I am really but what about my own insecurity? What in the world bothers people in their minds before bed that seem to have all the answers for themselves? I look back to kids. We shape them and the society they live in shapes them and us. I found listening and watching is very much learning. I just wanted to share some thoughts about this to other people, and while I could expound on the subject largely, I would just like to provoke some thought. So next time you have a chance don't think so much about your next move in your own world, watch others, watch thier actions, listen to their words and expressions. Even if its not you their talking to. Do it in stores and in your home. Listen and ask questions, then search for answers, its fun. I think you can change your perspective on it and learn from it too.
© Copyright 2005 forthelight (forthelight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007626-Laughing-at-Humans