*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007806-Falling
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1007806
Sometimes when you least expect it your world can change. Mine changed the day I met Kyle.
My cousin, Matt, who had taken an interest in my love life decided to take it upon his self to find me a boyfriend. And with some sneaking around and planning he had it set up. It was the night of the Super Bowl. I was over at Matt's talking and having out like usual when Nathan, a sixteen year old guy from Matt's church shows up. He wasn't very talkative, and he was very uncomfortable as was I when it was made obvious that Matt was trying to set us up.

Plan one crashed and burned but did not leave Matt discouraged. He realized after getting Nathan and I together that we were both just too shy to be set up like that. Plan two would surely work better, he thought. He hoped the old cliche about opposites attract proved to be true in this situation.

After Nathan had withstood all the awkwardness he could he made up a polite excuse to leave. Then Matt mentioned we should ride over to his neighbor's house because they was having a big Super Bowl party. I wasn't into the idea after the horrible incident with Nathan. But Matt can be pretty convincing when he wants to be. I resisted until I was annoyed with his pestering and some of his reasonings actually didn't sound half bad. He pointed out that there would be a lot of people there and it couldn't possibly be as awkward as the Nathan incident. Another one of his points was it would be a good chance to meet new people and maybe make new friends. Making new friends sounded great considering I lacked in that area due to some problems at school. But meeting new people also seemed very intimidating considering how shy I was.

Eventually I gave in and went over there with Matt's made up excuse to borrow ice. I made him promise to not make it obvious as to what we were doing and that is where "getting ice" came in the picture. With us on our way over there plan two has been set into motion. This was his last attempt and he hoped it worked otherwise he was out of ideas and would be forced to butt out.

As soon as we arrived Kyle, Matt's neighbor, immediately made conversation with me. He was so friendly. He made me feel completely at ease. I talked to him as if I already knew him. He took me in his room to show me his collections of Alabama things. He had everything you could imagine Alabama. Then he introduced me to his friends and his girlfriend. Everyone seemed very nice and I was really glad I had come over. Although we didn't stay long.

Of course Matt wanted to know what I thought. I thought Kyle was great and figured we could be friends if we had the chance. Friends was all I thought of us being since he had a girlfriend. Friends sounded perfect to me because I was hesitant about guys after the way my last boyfriend treated me. But Kyle had other ideas for us. As I found out through mutual acquaintances that he thought I was beautiful and was interested in me. As flattering as it was I still was hesitant. Although I did give him my number the next time I saw him when he asked. He had broken up with his girlfriend and had his mind set on me. I felt guilty that he broke up with his girlfriend for me especially since I wasn't wanting a boyfriend. But he assured me that the break up was long overdue and was not caused by me.

We talked many times within a months timespan and then I agreed to come over to his house for a small party he was having. I came into the party that night unsure of if I really wanted to try this but figured the worst that could happen was that I make a new friend or possibly even more. I left the party that night hooked. He was great. He was nice, fun, and easy to talk to. I wanted to see him again. I had to see him again.

A few weeks later he made it official and decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Over the next few weeks I fell in love with him. It happened so fast I didn't know what was happening. All I could think about was Kyle. And still to this day I'm in love with him. I love him more everyday. I know I will be with him forever. I dream of the day when we will get married. I can't wait until the day when we will go to sleep and wake up every morning together. Being with him makes me complete. It makes getting up everyday worthwhile just knowing that I will at least hear his voice if not see his face. Just the simple thought of him or the mentioning of his name brings a smile to my face. He is the most amazing guy in the whole world. He is perfect for me. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Love is the sweetest sensation. Love caught me when I least expected it. It is the best gift imaginable. Great to receive, even better to give.
© Copyright 2005 chikadee (chikadee_16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007806-Falling