*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010302-Days-go-by
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1010302
My thoughts on growing up
As i walked home from school today, i realised that life isnt as slow as i used to think a long time ago.
When i was young, all i wanted was just to GROW UP and be a teenager. I longed for it imensly, and seconds seemed like hours as i'd wait to finally change from being an annoying 8 year old, to somebody people would listen to, and someone whos opinions would be appreciated.
But now, as i am 15, i realise how important childhood is. Oh the freedom, the freedom of mind and spirit, innosence never comes back once it's gone, and you can never tell children enough how much they must enjoy their childhood.
Never again will i be young and spend the days thinking about icecream, or christmas presents, or playing on the lawn with the sprinkler running and dancing around without a care in the world.
Now it's all exams and ##### fights, and hours stressing over clothes and outfits, worrying about what i will be someday, and even worse, afraid i might never be anything.
I now see the world i was protected from for so long, im not in a world of colour and lauhgter, i see war and deciet and violence and self harm and abuse and neglect.
I know alot more about what's out there.
Im here to say that childhood is the most precious, magical thing in the world, its's a dream.
This world is a wonderfull place though, with many beautiful things and people.
But being a teenager, is the hardest thing ever, because the world you once knew is gone, and a new one filled with things you never dreamed possible, has taken it's place, and it happens so very quick.
It's like the animal kingdom i guess, growing up is a test, you've got to go through it before becoming an adult, and only the tough survive.
It's like somebody has just thrown you in a tub of freezing water, and though the shock and suprise is harsh, eventually you will get used to it, and learn to love and accept it.
hey, eventually you'll discover all you need is a little strength to turn the tap on the hot water, and everything will be ok.

Alright, went a little too far with the metaphor there, but i think it kinda makes sence.
© Copyright 2005 sunnygirl (sunnygirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010302-Days-go-by