*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010506-Heroes-Who-are-they
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1010506
What make a hero a hero?
HEROES


If I were to ask some little kids about who their heroes are, they’d probably tell me about a firefighter or a superhero like Spiderman. Then if I were to ask them why these people are heroes they’d probably say, because it’s their jobs and superheroes have super powers that makes them invincible. Superheroes, firemen, and soldiers are the most common kinds of heroes because they protect the innocent. But are these the only kinds of heroes? They society seems to view a hero as a job, but to many people heroes can be anyone.

Many people view heroes as brave individuals who work hard against injustice. They would do anything at any price to help out others. This may mean that they should be ready, at every minute, to jump into a burning house or fly through raining bullets without the fear of getting hurt. Courage gives a person strength to do something that seems hopeless. It drives people to fight their fear for the good of everyone. A hero must have courage in order to fight for what’s right no matter what the consequences.

A truly brave hero will be willing to risk their life in order to save another. This trait of a hero could most commonly be described through the firefighters that were lost on September eleventh. Many people were rescued in the crumbling towers by these firefighters. Then even after they saw the first tower collapse these firefighters stayed in the second tower and tried their best to save more people. I’m sure some of them had a feeling that the second tower would fall as well but they stayed brave and saved others. A huge amount of firefighters died in the tumble of the second tower but they will always be remembered as heroes by the people they have saved because they gave their lives for them.

When one knows that there are people out there that are brave enough to risk their lives to help us it gives everyone a sense of security. Knowing that we are safe enables us to spend more time on what is important to us, not what is dangerous. A hero will protect anyone, anywhere, and at anytime. Good examples of well-known heroes are superheroes, which are make believe people that kids fantasize about because they provide them with safety.

Real heroes don’t have superpowers but they are still important. Everyone needs to have someone they can look up to, someone they know will always be these if they need help, someone they can trust. Heroes. Although many people don’t see these traits in a hero they are there. These three traits are because they care.

Heroes can be anyone who is close to us. Friends are heroes. Many good friends would be willing to help one-another if there is ever a problem. They look out for one-another and make each other smile. A friend is trustworthy, a friend will listen, and care.

Heroes are also parents or family members. I know for sure that if anything happened to my mom or dad my family would help my siblings and I get through it. They’d offer us a home, food, and a shoulder to cry on. They would be our heroes.

A hero can not be selfish or greedy. When people are trying to help someone there should be no thought of reward in their mind. What if a young girl waits anxiously in a hospital for a bone marrow transplant. Her whole life depends on the doctors finding the right match and convincing that person to donate. After a couple weeks of trying the mission looks hopeless until one day a new nurse to the hospital finds out she has a perfect match. That nurse is a lone mother of three young children and works over time to feed them. Yet she takes the time and the energy to donate to the young girl. That nurse then is her hero.

Honest heroes never brag about their accomplishments even though they are entitled to it. Boasting only makes the person famous not what she did to help others. I have never seen a blood donor on the news shout out, “Yeah, that was my blood that saved Susie’s life.” Heroes should not want to be recognized just remembered by those whose lives they have touched. They are honest yet noble and completely happy about it.

A hero isn’t a famous character or a job, it’s a person who tries their best to help others. Heroes can be anyone, from a friend to a complete stranger. They can be young or old, big or small, famous or unknown, it doesn’t matter. All that one need to do to be a hero is make a difference in someone’s lives that would never be forgotten. Anybody can be a hero.
© Copyright 2005 dare to dream (inspire10345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010506-Heroes-Who-are-they