*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011043-A-Vampire-short
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Fantasy · #1011043
Just trying my had at a vampire story...
Rain fell upon the open landscapes of stale green mold that now lined that land he saw. Darkness was his ally, and darkness his only friend now. He would stalk the night in hopes of power only to discard any power he had once possesed. People feared him, people ran from him, people loved him. He was the walking undead, a Vampire.

His kind were of myth and legend, and it was once again this man who saught to return them to such a state. He had quested long and wearily so to find any remnants of his people. It was his hope that he might make sense of that which he was, but to no avail. He would walk the world mindless and filled with a bitter hatred for the one who cursed him like this.

Looking about himself he saw no friends, no beings to jokingly wit with. Only empty terrain that had nothing to yield to him but agony and sorrow. This was all a matter of formality to him now. Hide, awake, this was his life or rather unlife. He had endured it all even unto the most bitter of ends.

An end that he had endured once at the hands of his maker, and plummeted him into dissaray and chaos. An end so frightful and yet intoxicating. If not careful to control the mind, it could consume anyone, and so it did.

Madness had once taken it's toll on him, so long ago. So many centuries had passed since that fatefull time. So distant and far removed was that ancient memory that would haunt him to the end of his years, should such a blessing be in reach of his kind. How he knew quite well that wheel of despair and knowing that would lead him to experiment with death.

He would ponder over that moment when it all happened. The moment when he woke to a fright as some silenty predator stood at the foot of his bed and watched with hungry eyes. How long ago he learned the secret arts of his kind that would allow him to become a great predator himself.

Lightning crashes and disturbs his mental requiem. Looking up at the heavens, there were no stars or moon to great him for his perticular brand of morning. He walked further down the row of silent gaurds to realize that he had gone about it all wrong.

Well, I figure I'll leave it at that. I might add more, I might not. This is the first time I wrote something Gothic before. I just wanted to see how I would do at the test. Give a review if you like, or tell me if you want me to continue it. Thanks for reading it, though.
© Copyright 2005 Anqueetus (anqueetus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011043-A-Vampire-short