*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011771-FIRST-LOVE-OF-IMAGERIES
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1011771
a true story to some extent...where two friends meet again after 7 years...
I was just sitting there doing my usual, not knowing what to decide but I know I must see you. It took more days than I thought it would be. It gets scary sometimes thinking how we’d meet but right then and then I realize, “Why am I just sitting here?” So I took a ride downtown to take a glimpse of courage just waiting for you to come down. My mind is blank, my heart is passionately whispering through the air, my echoes randomly thickening the fog, my breathing suddenly stops…

I’ve never heard those footsteps before, yet I have never seen such. I’m trying to cross the disturbed path and lay afloat to make me ease out that instant collision—there you are standing close to me—and here I am not knowing where to start, not knowing where to begin, not knowing what to say. Yet all there was is a smile, and then we sat together. Uncomfortably thrilled, suffocating maladies are just rueful distractions set my heart to forget that instant, to clatter my thoughts and to blur my rightful access to finally speak.

We’re there sitting doing the usual staring in one’s eyes, not knowing what to ask but I know I must see through you. It took me minutes just to know that you’re really there. It seems funny coz I never thought things would be this way but then I realize, “What the heck, you were my best friend!” So I took things with a smile, and glimmered thru with a smirk and a cleverish one line joke. My mind is running wild, my heart is loosing control, my voice slightly trembled, my memory brings back to you…

And as you told me a dream of your childhood antics with me, yet I hardly remember them. I’m still trying to cross this bridged gaps of liaison where I mistook the signs, forged it to blend with the consequences and settled with what I lost and to what that I’ve already have. Yet I couldn’t believe that night, and then we dined together. Unknowingly scattered, not knowing which is which or what will be the next scene, but even melodies may play its strings to spring ourselves with laughter, to shower with irrelevant awkwardness and to bid the time for goodnight.

There they were standing beneath the blue pale moon, giggling for all the pretensions which were their typical but there’s something they’re missing thru. It took some time to finally realize that that was the last instance to fool (play) around with you. It feels jovial to know how our roads still intertwine through those seven years, “Why are we still here, cladding each other’s hands like this was part of the tragedies?” So I took the cab, bid the sorrows with blazon clandestine, and held that one last look in your deep brown eyes. My mind is stuck to my last professing, my heart slipped feverish, my voice uttering the same old imageries, my only yearning was dethroned…for you were my first love if you have only known!
© Copyright 2005 sappho xiv (neoptolemus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011771-FIRST-LOVE-OF-IMAGERIES