*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012030-Dont-call-me-hero
Rated: 18+ · Other · Drama · #1012030
This is a rough draft
"I tell ya, I ain't gonna go with anyone for the next month or so," the young boy said between inhales and exhales of his third cigarette. Apart from a few hairs that comprised his first mustache, the boy had a face so beaten and bruised that he looked twice his age. He scratched at the sore of his lower lip and spit at the ground. "I stay with this old couple in the East Village. They take care of me for the most part. The lady's nice but her husband's got a temper sometimes. I told him I ain't gonna go with any more for the month. Smacked me around somethin' fierce, still told him I ain't gonna go with anyone. He don't know the last guy I went with. Picked me up two weeks ago and I knew off the bat he'd be a weird one. He picked me up to go to his place, usually they tell me to find my own way or I go down on them there in the apartment. But he drove me to his place in Queens and told me to go into his son's room. I asked him if his son was around but he told me he's been dead for a couple years, I didn't ask how. The room was the same as how he left it, except a few layers of dust. By the looks of it his son was real young when he died, some disease I guess. He came in 'bout ten minutes later and sat on the edge of the bed. Already he was creepin' me out, just the way he presented himself gave me a bad feelin' all over. I just wanted to get outta there and back to the parent's apartment so I asked what he wanted. He told me he wanted me to go down on him and for me to call him dad, told me he'd pay more if I did. I didn't care, all the money goes to me anyways, except a few bucks to the parents back in the Village. Plus, being in Queens and alone in this guy's apartment, I just wanted to hurry and get outta there. I went down on him and when I was done I ask him if there was anything else or if I could just leave. He asked me to sleep with him for the night. I told him I don't do that, never have. He said he'd pay more but I told him I don't do that stuff. He started to cry and begged me to stay and sleep with him. At that point I didn't care if I got the money or not, I just wanted to get out so I started to walk out of the room and he grabbed me by the arm and told me I ain't leaving and if I didn't keep callin' him dad then I ain't gettin' paid. Bastard had a strong grip too. So I pulled out my switchblade I got from the parents and put it in his face. I told him to keep the goddamn money if he wants but if he ain't gonna let me go then I'd cut him. I tell ya, when he saw the knife he was shittin' bricks. He just let go of my arm and walked into the corner, I think he was still crying. Sometimes I see him around the neighborhood. I saw him three days ago after school, as if we was waiting to pick me up. I just walked past him and he didn't even look at me. I tell ya, I ain't pushin' for the rest of the month. At least. I don't care if I do get smacked around, I ain't goin' with anyone for a few weeks."
© Copyright 2005 Alejandro (alehasfriends at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012030-Dont-call-me-hero