*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012831-The-Ocean
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1012831
This is a piece of free writing i did. I do a number of these pieces; this is my favourite
Forget the pyramids, the man made structures and the vile, vile concrete! The biggest most fascinating wonder of both the modern and the ancient realms is the ocean. Mile upon mile of water. A bottomless trove of colourful treasures and hidden mysteries. Shipwrecks and crystals and mighty balloon fish! But no, joking aside, the ocean is much like us. Our deepest thoughts are the ocean floor; hidden by piles of mental debris and miles from reality. There, the strangest things exist and those things are our memories, our thoughts, our desires and our very personalities. And those memories and thoughts are the beautiful fish of every colour, from the brightest days in vivid oranges, yellows and reds to those seeming endless bouts of depression, the sharks in grey. When in these depressive days, that is when your own spiritual ocean begins to deny others of the life they want to lead. You cause them to crash and burn and sink with envy and resentment towards others. And yet. When your waters are calm and your storms have passed people can cruise on your happiness. All on the love of your personal ocean.
© Copyright 2005 frostystar (frostystar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012831-The-Ocean