*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013473-Lost-Memories
by Sango
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1013473
She searches for those precious memories of you.
I don't know you, yet you stay in my mind. Your face... is a stranger's face, and you look so familiar. Have I seen you before? And if so, where? I do not know what to answer to these questions, and I wish I knew. Your name is stuck in my heart, and I do not know you. Why are you still with me?

So many faces, so many names, though yours sticks with me. The world is a blur as I pass along, going quickly, forgetting so much. Even so, I know I don't know you, but you say... such kind things. You say... that I know you. That I've known you. And I don't know what to think of you.

My heart beats faster as you talk, and my head has sharp pains. And again, I listen intently, for I wish to remember you. Yet nothing comes to me, and I'm forced to try and remember all. I don't think I can... what'll I do?

So I keep waiting, waiting for the memories to return of you. Do I want them? Should I have them? If I cannot remember, maybe I am not the one for your task. Yet you are so sure of me... I don't know what to believe. I don't know who to trust, and I don't know what to do. You're so kind and gentle... thank you.

So maybe I'll remember someday, and we'll talk of the past as if it were the present. I'll remember in full color as I do everything else, and you'll be happy... I hope you'll be so happy. So I will trust you with me...

...but now, I must die, and I still can't remember... such sad memories. Death is upon me, yet I am Death... have I turned against myself? I am sorry... I can't hold on to life. I cannot hold on any longer. Thank you... for being there. My last wish is for you... to find what you need, even though I did not completly understand what you needed.

Thank you... and goodbye...
© Copyright 2005 Sango (tajiyasango at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013473-Lost-Memories