*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013968-Faith
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #1013968
A converstation with God.
“Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. Are you there?”

“Yes, little one, I’m here.”

“God, is that really you?”

“Yes Holly, it is me.”

“Why can I hear you this time?”

“I was always here listening to you. This time your heart was open, and you needed to hear me.”

“I just don’t know what to say. I am so sad.”

“Just take your time; you can say anything to me.”

“I don’t understand….I don’t understand why my Daddy doesn’t love me anymore. Why did he leave us? Mommy cries.”

“I know you are hurting. He left me too. Maybe some day he will come back to me. Then he will be a better Daddy for you, and a better person for your Mommy.”

“With Daddy gone I don’t have anybody to hug me when I cry. I don’t want Mommy to know how sad I am.”

“I will hold you. Holly, you are my child. I will always be with you.”

“I’m scared that we won’t have enough food. Mommy works so hard but Daddy use to pay for everything.”

“I will give your Mommy strength and wisdom. I hear her prayers too. I will not give either one of you more then you can handle. I will always provide for you.”

“When you were playing outside earlier today do you remember seeing several birds?”

“Yes, I remember.”

“They don’t save food; they don’t go to the store. The birds don’t worry about what they will eat, because I provide the food that they need. Now if I do that for the birds don’t you think that I would do that for you? You are much more important to me than they are.”

“Wow, I never thought of it like that. But how do I know that you will really do it?”

“You need to have faith. Faith is believing in what you can not see. It is being sure of what you hope for. You see I will never break a promise to you.”

“What do I have to do? I’ll try to be really good to make you stay.”

“Now Little One, you don’t have to do anything but believe. Believing in me is the only way to Heaven. It doesn’t matter how good you try to be you will never be perfect. Only Jesus was perfect and that’s why He died for you. I love you just the way you are.”

“Do you love Mommy like that too?”

“Yes, I do. She is my child. She taught you how to pray. Just remember when you’re sad I will hold you.”

“How will I know?”

“Do you feel that calmness in your heart?”

“Yes.”

“That is me holding you. No one no matter how hard they try can take you away from me. My love will never go away.”

“Thank you, Lord, I love you too. Amen”

“Good night.”
© Copyright 2005 Shellyblueeyes (shellyblueeyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1013968-Faith