*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1014817-connection-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1014817
a lost girl and her lost brother destined to slavery
chapter 1

The icy, cold wind pierced my back as I stared at the ashes that had devoured my house and my father. The trees around us were scorched, and the fire had mixed with my tears. Spring didn't seem very beautiful. The flowers my dad planted were crushed or burnt. The birds didn't sing, and all life stopped. The forest was silent. Cideer, my town was silent, and my world crumbled at my feet.

Fox, our wolf that we had raised since a cub, stood beside me. Her delightful eyes were sad but comforting. Nothing would be the same. It would just be me and my twin brother Dreia.

"It will be okay Kosha. I won't let anything happen to us. I promise." he said as if he detected the hurt I was feeling inside. I looked to him in hope to find comfort, but there was none. His rough features seemed to melt away. He felt the pain too, and he quitely wispered, "your eyes are gone. They are black and dead." I knew he was right.

A man came to me and tugged on my sleeve to get my attention, but I didn't look to him. I still couldn't face reality. I could barely see reality. He finally shook me and said, "Come on Kosha you must face the truth. Your dad is dead, and you need to come with me. I have to escort you to the foster home you will be staying. I'm sorry you can't bring Fox. They don't allow animals." I looked at him with my black, hollow eyes.

They weren't always like that. They had been beautiful, blue eyes full of hope and love at least that's what my dad said, but now that he and my mom were dead what was there to love. Then again there was Dreia.

He had always seemed to love me even when he could not feel happy. With that I fell to the dirt and cried. I cried with my heart. It was broken, gone, and forever more lost.

I picked up the ashes and burned my hands because they were still hot. A tear dropped and the ashes hissed. Why did it take him? Why was my mother dead? Why was this man here?

All these questions ran through my head as I looked around the woods and thought for a long time, then turned to him and said, "She'a a wolf and she belongs free." The man could care less. He just pushed us away. Then packed us into his truck. Green Day blasted through my headphones as he drove away leaving Fox, but she followed.

Kosha (Co-shaw)

Dreia (Dray-a)
© Copyright 2005 ~JavaWolf~ (kosha7a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1014817-connection-chapter-1