*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016257-Just-One-LookThats-all-it-took
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1016257
Elevators are alot more intresting then you think.
Just a Few Seconds in an Elevator

She sits in the elevator, a hard edge of her flip-flop lodged uncomfortably underneath her thigh but she does not move it, hardly notices it . She is lucky to be in this body, it is satisfactory…with the last body she couldn’t even cross her legs they were so unfortunately enormous, to the point where they chafed when she walked.
The only thing she doesn’t like is the heavy breasts that seem to capture the sweltering heat of the elevator, one thing she’ll never get used to is the overall warmness of the body. 98.8 degrees is hotter then one would think.
She seems to only be writing in her large black notebook, but really she is watching, studying, its odd how even this small boiling box has a purpose, a job, a place in this world. Intriguing really.
The elevator rises and falls, slowly, repeatedly, and she can not help but find it odd how it feels like being inside a lighted casket being lowered the ground and until the soft hiss indicating opening doors is heard, she gets the eerie feeling of being buried alive. Odd how a brain that seems so frightened of death would create so many contraptions that emulate it.
Her eyes flicker to the wood of the walls and she wonders… if such cheap materials are used in the area that can be seen then maybe this elevator does not hold as many pounds as is written on the reflective metal wall. People like to lie more then sometimes.
She frowns smelling an all too familiar rotting that only her nose can detect. The body isn’t going to keep long and not doing something about it soon will result in unpleasantness.
More people enter the elevator in singles and doubles only noticing her for a moment before averting their eyes as if making eye contact will cause her to spontaneously jump up and lick them… of course their not really that far from the truth. Sometimes making eye contact is just a bit dangerous.
********
I walk through the smooth opening doors of the elevator, stomping as men are expected to do in such heavy rain boots. I see a girl not waiting, not even looking up, just sitting.
Her head is buried in her binder, he nose practically touching the white pages, so I sneak a peek at the goods … Nice tits, blond hair, wonder if the carpet matches the drapes.
I then look at a floor that feels like concrete and looks like a thousand babies have puked on it in a thousand different ways.
My back against the cheap tan wood, my ass presses against the metal rail uncomfortably, I wipe my face with my hand, it’s damn hot in here.
Suddenly the doors open and I hear a ding. Funny how a couple seconds sometimes seems like longer. Like a half-time show during the super bowl, nope no performances for me, just get to the damn football.
Stomping again, I walk through the now closing doors that ricochet backwards at my massive presence. I walk into the fancy foyer and the girl keeps writing. Maybe before the doors shut fully I can take another peek.
*********
As his eyes wandered across her young body the girl slowly lifted her head, a smile not reaching eyes that were constantly getting darker with the weakening of her body .
She wetted parched lips that would not hold the moisturize as their eyes connected and his heart began to beat faster, his head buzzing as he felt an unreasonable terror in his stomach.
Their eyes held for a moment before his body began to go momentarily limp and then his vision was not his own.
***********
When the fog leaves my eyes, I take a couple seconds to feel the large bump that is quickly forming on the back of my new head from the stumbling of the man during the process of my entering.
Quickly I get rid of the large boots and the heavy jacket he had once put on. Wetting my lips and I revile in the fact that they do not stay dry.
I run my hands down my new muscular chest and hope that this body will keep longer then the last. The girl had not been as healthy as she appeared.
Inside my skull the man screams and whimpers, and in annoyance, I desire that it will end soon. The first few hours in a new body always seems to evoke a massive headache. Please don’t let him be a crier.
I am going to live forever.





© Copyright 2005 The_FuzzyWashingMachine (monkeyhead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016257-Just-One-LookThats-all-it-took