*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016423-Whose-in-the-raincoat
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1016423
A story about a girl that gets scared after she fakes bieng sick,she's home alone!
It was a cold September morning. Outside was overcast and seemed like it was getting ready to rain. I was at home because i had pretended to be sick and my parents were at work. I was so happy i got away with it, for a split second i thought my mother would never believe me but she had felt my head and said i was quite warm. I should of been considering the fact that i had put a hot water bottle on my head. As soon as they had left i raced out of bed and ran to the coach and turned the t.v on. There was an omnibous of my favourite t.v show. Wow, i thought, it just doesn’t get any better then this. It was now about half-past nine and i had fallen fast asleep. I woke up to the loud clatter of thunder and the ocasional light bursts of lightening. The t.v was off. The power must of tripped, i thought. I got up and crossed our living room to go to the kitchen.
The whole house was really dark. The maid hadn’t arrived yet so the curtains were still closed and shut out any rays of possible light, not that there would of been anyway on a day like this.The only possible light was the lightening that would flash across the street and then the whole house. Outside was very dark and it was only half past nine nearly ten o’clock. I glanced through the one curtain, trying to see if there was any signs of life in our neighborhood. The lightening flashed again and this time you could see every part of the neighborhood. From the childrens play swings or the taps, the lightening aluminated every object over and over again. But still there was no sign of any life. I couldn’t even tell if anyone was at home because the electricity had tripped and no lights were on. I got a bit nervous when i turned around to see the whole house completely still and secluded.
The lightening flashed again after a low rumble and the light found every item and furniture in the room. It was like it was playing hide and seek with our neighborhood, my house, like it was playing with me.

The house was so dead that i started to get this really cold empty feeling maybe i only got this feeling because i hadn’t eaten anything or because i wasn’t weraing a jumper. I went to the study to phone my mom just to see if everything is fine. I picked up the phone but it had no dialing connection. That’s strange, i thought. I looked outside to see the telephone poll because i was sure it was fine. I opened the curtain again, the telephone poll was up and working because i couls see the little green light on it to show that it was working. I frowned and looked back at the phone, nope it hadn’t changed or had a sign saying it was working, so looked back at the window.
“AAAggggg!!’I screamed and jumped back. I saw a face on the other side. It was a man in a black raincoat with a hood covering his face, this made it really hard to see him because most of it was in shadow. He looked at me and then tried to say something to me. He was saying it desperatly and then turned away and ran to what looked like the front of our house. I quickly ran to where i thought he was runnong to, to lock the door but it was already locked. I now started to panic because there was what looked like a mad murderer on the loose. I went back to the window and sat on the floor looking outside for the man to come back. I was frightened out of my mind. I realised the scary feeling. It was the feeling of your hairs at the back of your neck stand up. I put my head against the glass to try cool it off because now it really did start to get hot. When i opened my eyes i saw the man running towards the neighbors house. I don’t know what he was doing for sure but he looked liked he was knocking. Then after a while he ran to the next house for an answer. I really did start to feel sick so knowing the wierd man couldn’t get in i grabbed my blanket off my bed, threw it over myself and fell asleep huddled in a ball on the couch. I was listening to the light rumbles of thunder and kept on opening my eyes just to make sure no one was going to slit my throuat with a knife. Eventually the rythym of the rain allowed me to sleep.
“Lizzy,Lizzy!” someone was calling my name in my dream but it wasn’t from my dream. I opened my eyes and saw the man in the black raincoat lean over me!
“AAAggggg leave me alone!!” i said as i jumped up, The man grabbed hold of me and then took down his hood.
“Dad!” I gasped in shock as my father looked at me in relief.
“Who else would it be? Whats wrong with you? Why didn’t you let me in?” He asked madly.
“Dad i though you were a mad man! I’m sorry i didn’t know it was you or i would of let you in!” She said hugging her dad.
“Well we all had to come home because this weather is going isn’t going anywhere today!” he said and moved towards the window. I followed him and we stood by the window watching outside.
“AAHHAHAHAH!” We both screamed and grabbed onto each other. Another face in a raincoat was glaring in at us. This time it was someone in a pink raincoat.
“Oh i know that raincoat from anywhere. Looks like your mother is home.” He said and went to open the door.
I definatly decided i would never fake sick again and if i do i’ll make sure i definatly won’t get sick during the rainy season again.
© Copyright 2005 milkyway (milkyway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016423-Whose-in-the-raincoat