*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016718-Chapter-1
by Kris
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1016718
She finds him in a dream. Is he real or is he truly a dream?
Chapter One



Sounds of music and laughter could be heard as the fog began to thin and disappear. Abigail found herself standing alone just inside what looked to be a foyer.

Confused, she looked down at the gown she wore. She noticed it was a low-cut royal blue silk Southern Bell gown. Abigail raised her hand to her face to feel they same type of material with feather trim covering the upper half of her face. She assumed it would match her gown perfectly. She raised the hem of her gown just enough to see her shoes and smiled. Four inch black peek a boo toe shoes with a black bow just above the toes.

Wondering where she was, she looked around at the pale rose colored walls and the wood trim. White marble floor with a splash of dark rose. Large landscape paintings adorned the walls tastefully spaced. A long hall table stood near the front door with a huge floral arrangement placed in the center.

“Milady.” A male voice came from behind her.

Startled, Abigail turned to see an elderly gentleman dressed in a butler uniform.

“Milady, may I escort you to the ballroom?” He extended his elbow for her to take.

“Where am I?” She asked him.

“Exactly where you’re supposed to be.” He smiled at her knowingly. He bowed and extended his elbow again. “If I may say so, you look beautiful and will put all the other women to shame.”

Abigail decided it couldn’t hurt to follow him and find out where she was. She stepped forward and rested her arm on his and allowed him to lead her down the hallway towards the ballroom.

As they neared the huge double doors of the ballroom, Abigail saw two butlers standing in front of the doors. They each reached down and pulled open the doors to reveal a room filled with a kaleidoscope of colored gowns and flickering candles. The room glowed with light and life as the people laughed and danced around the polished dance floor. She watched as the gentlemen waltzed their partners by in a swirl of silken pinks, blues, reds, greens, yellows and purples.

The butler stepped back as she stepped forward and stopped at the top stair and took it all in. She looked around and was drawn to the back of the room where a gentleman stood with his back to the balcony doors. She noticed he wore the same color as her gown.

Their eyes connected making it impossible for either of them to look away. She didn’t notice the people moving around the room as she continued to gaze at the mysterious gentleman. She could feel his gaze as though it were a physical touch against her bare skin. She could scarcely breathe as she stood rooted to the top stair.

She felt a hand at her elbow and tore her eyes away from him.

“Milady, can I have the honor of this dance?” The gentleman standing a few steps below her asked.

Abigail noticed he was wearing, like the other gentlemen, black jeans, waistcoats with different colored shirts. She inclined her head and held out her hand. “I’d be delighted.”

She placed her hand in his and allowed him to lead her down the steps to the dance floor. He stopped near the center of the floor and slid his hand around her waist to the small of her back. He held out his other hand for her to take as she placed her other hand on his shoulder, keeping a respectable amount of distance between them.

As he waltzed her around the room, she didn’t notice the gentleman from the balcony doors behind her. His voice was like a caress as he asked to cut in. She waited for the other gentleman to step aside and could see he wanted to say something, but didn’t.

“Milord.” She held out her hand for him to take but was surprised when he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her gently against him.

“Milady.” Was all he said as he took her hand in his and started to move them around the room in a waltz.

She draped her arm over his shoulder so that her hand rested at the nape of his neck. His shoulder length hair grazed her hand sending tiny shivers through her.

Abigail looked up into his eyes and felt the rest of the guests fade away into the background. They became the only two people in the room as the magic swirled around them. She lost herself in his eyes, those crystal clear blue eyes.

She didn’t realize he had danced them into the back of the ballroom until she felt him stop dancing. He kept his one arm around her waist as he reached for the door handle and pushed open the balcony door.

“Do you mind?” His voice was low and husky as he closed the balcony door behind them.

“No, this is fine.” She put her hands on the railing and turned away from him.

Looking out over the gardens, she could see the rose and lilac bushes draped with white lights. The sweet smell of the flowers mixed with the moonlight added to the magic of the night.

“I thought we could come out here to get some air and get away from the crowd.” He put a hand on her shoulder and gently turned her to face him.

“Thank you, the room was becoming quite warm.” She smiled and looked up into his eyes.

He reached out and touched her check with his hand as his gaze locked with hers. “You’re the most enchanting woman here.” He whispered as he placed his other arm around her waist and pulled her against him. “I want to kiss you.”

The clock struck twelve as his lips gently touched hers. Her eyes fluttered closed and her lips parted with the meeting of hot moist tongues against one another. She leaned into him, absorbing his strength and warmth. Abigail slid her hand up along his arm to the back of his neck and laced her fingers in his ebony hair.


* * * *


Abigail woke slowly to the sound of the clock bells slowly changed into the insistent buzzing of her alarm clock. She didn’t need to open her eyes to know she was in her own bed, clutching her pillow to her chest.

Smiling, she knew he had been there. He was the one. She had finally found the one and he was a dream. She could still feel his hands on her and his lips against hers.

Groaning, she threw back the covers and sat up to face the day. Smiling brightly, she knew for a first time in a long time, she had a reason to wake. A reason to look forward to the coming day for it would lead to a night filled with magic.

© Copyright 2005 Kris (kmh33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016718-Chapter-1