*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016961-Never-Said
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1016961
Weird angsty sort of story. Unsolved murder. guilt. revenge. mystery
[a/n: yeah this stories a little strange. written five o clock in the morning for an LA group project that my group didn't feel like contributing to. It turned out a lot better than I expected so I think it's pretty good. LMK what you think because I'm my own worst critic. Yeah.. and does this remind anyone else of a certain movie? it reminded my LA teacher of it. And if you're wondering about my grade it didnt have the requirments my group needed so we had to edit it a lot. I like this version better...]

It was ten years ago that it happened. Ten long years, where every day lasted longer than the first and the next was sure to be even longer. Vincent had been waiting for this. He smiled as he shined his gun. It was time.
He knew every detail about that night long ago. He had been coming home from work and thunder boomed in the distance. He was looking forward to the blanket of sleep to cover his head. It had been such a long week.
Vincent bound the steps to his apartment and two men running down the steps passed him. “Thanks man,” one called. Vincent stopped a minute and shrugged.
Once in his apartment he played his messages and grabbed a coke. He was heading for the bedroom when something stopped him.
“Vinny, I’m coming over. We should talk…,” his dad’s message said. He just wanted to sleep, not to get visitors at this time of night. He settled down in his favorite chair, sighing.
He must have dozed off because he woke up dazed and to the sound of gunshots. Living in Manhattan, that’s not unfamiliar but something drew him to look out the window.
“My God..,” he muttered. His very own father lay in a pool of blood. Vincent raced out of his apartment.
“Dad,” he ran to the older man’s side. “Dad.”
“Vincent I came... came… to tell,” he whispered. He would never finish.
The police told Vincent that the men running down the steps had committed a robbery. They had run into his father on the way out and murdered him for no reason at all.
At first Vincent left it up to the police to find the murderer’s. Years passed ant the police began to tire from Vincent’s questions. They would leave the case unsolved.
His guilt turned into a lust for revenge. He researched the murder far better than the police ever could have and always searched for leads. Now after so many sleepless nights and hungry days Vincent knew everything about the crime. He knew the murderers, knew they each had a wife and children and went to work everyday like a good citizen. He didn’t know that their past haunted them every day of their lives.
Vincent picked up his rifle and smiled for tonight would be the night that he would avenge his father.
But if only he could have heard what his father had come to tell him, things might be different now….
© Copyright 2005 Danielle (xeasilyconfusd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1016961-Never-Said