*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017155-Dreams---Her-Story-Chapter-5
by Kris
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1017155
She finds him in a dream. Is he real or is he truly a dream?
Chapter Five



         Waking with a jolt to the sound of the alarm clock, she slammed the palm of her hand down on top of the snooze button and groaned. She could still feel the warmth of his hand in hers and sighed with disappointment for the loss of his presence.

         She dressed for work and made her bed. She went downstairs and found her oldest daughter leaning against the counter eating a piece of toast. She looked at the clothes and knew she would have to talk to her daughter about the proper way to wear her clothing, but she would save that for another time. Her daughter was already upset with her as it was, she didn’t want to make it worse.

         “Good morning.” She greeted her daughter with a slight smile.

         “Whatever.” He daughter put the napkin she was holding in the garbage and slung her backpack over her shoulder.

         “You are to be here right after school and I don’t want to find your friends here. You are grounded, that means you are not allowed to have any fun for a while.” She poured herself a cup of coffee.

         “I don’t believe this.” Her daughter whirled to face her. “Stop treating me like a child. I am seventeen, not seven.”

         “Then I suggest you start acting like a responsible seventeen year old and stop acting like an immature seven year old.” She smiled sweetly at her upset teenager.

         She grimaced as her daughter slammed the door and walked around to the front of the house to her waiting ride. She didn’t intend to make life miserable for her daughters, but there had to be some rules and respect and if they broke those rules then they had to pay the consequences. She just wanted to see them happy again. She didn’t like to see the upset or angry, but she couldn’t make them happy all the time.

         She prayed for the day to get better but she had a feeling the day was only going to get worse. She rinsed out her coffee mug and went to gather her things for work. She couldn’t worry about her daughters when there was nothing she could do about it when she had to work.

         She drove straight to work and found a note on her desk telling her that her boss wanted to see her the minute she walked in the door. She put her things away and set the reports on her desk. She sat down and checked her email before she went to see her boss to find another note from him, requesting her presence in his office as soon as she walked in the door. She closed the program, picked up the reports and went straight to his office.

         “You wanted to see me?” She asked as she walked in.

         “It’s about time you got here.” He nearly yelled at her. “I have got a thousand other reports that need to be done and they have to be done by Monday.”

         “Excuse me, there are other people that work here that can do the job just as well as I can.” She couldn’t believe he was going to dump more on her to do.

         “There are, but they don’t get it done on time and it’s not the way I want it done.” He sounded almost as if he was wining about it. “Besides, I’m the boss and I want you to work on it and that’s final.”

         She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. With the files in her hands, she put her hands on her hips and let her temper go. “I want a raise and I want more vacation time. You want me to continue jumping at your every command then I want more.”

         “You are in no position to make demands.” His face started to get red and she could see he was close to loosing his own temper.

         “Oh, really? Who are you going to get to do the reports then?” She knew she was either going to get the raise or she would be quitting her job. She was tired of the long hours and the lack of compensation. “I think I am in a very good position to make demands or anything else I chose to do.”

         “You know that I can fire you at any second.” He made the statement as some sort of threat instead of a question.

         “And you know that I can quit at any second.” She tossed back at him. “You have a choice to make and I suggest that you make it.”

         She didn’t care in that moment what happened. She was so tired of it all. Her children needed her and she couldn’t handle the stress of the job any longer. She needed the break. She needed the time. She wanted more time with her children.

         “Sit down and let’s talk.” He motioned to the chair in front of his desk. “I would like to run an idea I’ve been working on by you. I think that you may like it and benefit from it.”

         “All right.” She sat down and waited.

         “I want to ask you a few questions first. The answers will basically tell me whether this would work for you or not.” He smiled and leaned back in his chair. “Do you spend enough time with your family?”

         “No, you always have me working all odd hours and then you are usually sending me home with work to do.” She held the files up for him to see.

         “All right. I am suggesting that you work from home. I can currier the items I need to you or even email them to you. And you would currier them back or email the finished report back. We would install an extra phone line for work. We would upgrade your computer or purchase you a new one with the software you would require to do the work. You can set your own schedule just input your time sheet into the computer once a week. You would be on call, but only if it was an emergency. Your medical and benefits would stay the same. You would receive triple pay for on call jobs and over the weekend jobs and you will get a pay increase.” He laid out the rest of the plan for her and waited for a response. “Now, this will only be for you.”

         “I don’t know what to say, it sounds like a great opportunity. I would be stupid not to jump at the chance to work out of my home.” She relaxed a little. She knew she would be able to spend more time with her kids. There would be a pay raise. She couldn’t have asked for a better offer. “I accept.” She held out her hand to shake on it to seal the deal.

         “I will have the papers drawn up by Monday and have everything taken care of by Friday. Now, Friday you will have you moved into your home and working out of it by Friday at five o’clock.” He smiled and leaned back in his chair.


""Dreams" - Her Story: Chapter 6 [18+]
© Copyright 2005 Kris (kmh33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017155-Dreams---Her-Story-Chapter-5