*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017185-Gods-of-Power
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1017185
the greatest prison break in the universe
Gods of Power
Book 1: Gods Blood
Prologue: Godly Affairs

Once a very long time ago, when the universe was young, the Old Gods were at war. Since it is near impossible to kill a god there were few casualties; however it is the death of one god in particular that begins this story. The gods, fighting without reserve, slew the lover of the Weeper, the Goddess Zara, sending her into a rage, causing her to desolate much of reality.
After the deaths of five lesser gods, Zara was finally contained by the Council of Titans’. It was unanimously decided that the goddess’ punishment would be Scattered Banishment. Her magic was sealed away into an unbreakable orb and hidden in the facets of time; her soul was sealed inside a mortal vessel that would one day be known as the Keeper. Her blood was drained and used to forge a magical sword that was also the key to what would become one day the Keepers’ haven, a castle called Red Heaven that stands in the heart of the realm known by many as Hell on the edge of the known worlds. This set the precedent for the exile of over fifteen hundred gods, goddess’, angels, demons, and elementals throughout the course of the Council of Titans reign.
This story however is not the tale of how these powerful beings were cast out of respectively Heaven or Hell; this is the story of their Keeper – it’s Guardians, and the Seeker. And most importantly, this is a tale of freedom.

Ch. 1: Flight of the Keepers

Fields of wheat swelled up around the dirt path, shimmering in the light of the noon sun. Dionia Warren began walking cautiously at first along the earthen way, faster and faster she went until she was running; the scenery blurred together around her as she ran through the fields of grain. Suddenly the path disappeared and Dionia was running in darkness, for a long time she ran, no longer driven by the sun on her back now she was driven by fear. Eventually Dionia had to stop, her breath coming in ragged gasps.
As Dionia stood in the oblique expanse her breath slowly steadying, a dim patch of gray matter came into being before her. Lacking a better course and still fearing pursuit, Dionia stepped into the grayness and onto a high moor over looking shallow fields coated in a thin mist. Dionia felt something shift behind her the moment she took a step forward. Fear flooded her system as she sprinted from the moor, and soon she was lost in the fog.
Over and over Dionia ran, slowed, stopped; choose a new path then ran again, until at last when she could run no more she collapsed onto a dune of white sand. Eventually her eyes fluttered open to see two black shoes peeking out from beneath a large black cloak.
“You are too late Seeker, I . . . I am no longer the Keeper, I am undone.” And with that the former Keeper, the three hundred year old maiden, Dionia Warren released her last breath giving the magic that had created her and helped her back into the multiverse as the one she had called Seeker muttered a curse beneath his breath and turned away.

Meanwhile . . .

“Master!, Master Jacques!” cried an Adept as he fled the Seeing Room “Master the Keeper . . . sh- she is dead! The Keeper is dead!”
“Breath boy, what of her Guardian?”
“Sebastian was not there, Master! We can not find him!”
“Very well . . . then we must assume him dead as well. Has the new Keeper been found?”
“No Master, the seers are looking for her as we speak.”
“Good, I want an assembly called as soon as she is found. Is that understood?”
“Yes Master Jacques!”
The Adept spun and fled straight back into the Seeing Room. Jacques turned away a single tear falling from his eye. Guardians were trained since birth to hide all emotion; however such a thing as the death of the beloved Keeper warranted a slight display of remorse. They would need to call in the clans in order to find a new Gaurdian for the next Keeper.
© Copyright 2005 mushroomfairy (mushroom2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017185-Gods-of-Power