*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017443-Hazel-Birthmark-On-The-Body
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Emotional · #1017443
Appreciating the beauty of every individual...even when there isnt much to work with.
Her hands scaled the placement of my fork. I could have easily situated my brow to my feet but her eyes wouldnt let me. Her breath was stale yet spearmint laced, falling flat on my face hinting that her mouth had bled earlier in the day. Her demeanor was shaky to the tune of her arms, moving moderate to the best of there ability. Runners could only dream of the tracks on her arms. She could cut this tension with her sharp hips. Dying horses could use her bones to avoid becoming glue. At this point paste could make a difference, as she is barely holding it together.

I worked up the nerve to ask for water, well aware that she could pass out and away at any second. She obliges, with a gap-toothed grin and searches the shelf as if rain will manifest. My friends poke fun. I pray that someone will poke out my eyes. I cant bare to look, yet i never look away.

Diner signs flash before her eyes, oddly symbolic to her life. My friends want her to speak, so they can laugh at the sound of her voice. Her words are course, so i know she smokes. "I love Don McClean" she tells my friends, as if life is music to her ears. She forgets to mention the first time she heard "American Pie" was from the floor of a seedy motel. She doesnt bring her self to admit shes a sterotype, living and breathing, here in her natural habitat at 2a.m., parading around like a clown at a third rate circus.

I gather my things as we leave. She waves to us as her tattoo plays glove to her hand. I look in her eyes and smile. She smiles back. Shes someone else deep beneath the surface. Just a lost soul letting her life go through a dollar bill, and up her nose.

For her sake, i leave her tip in quarters. Care instead of contribute is what my grandfather used to tell me.

We reach the parking lot and get on with our lives. One of my asshole friends continues to make fun. "Did you see that fucking disgusting bitches hazel birthmark...that thing could have covered her body and the body of another burnout crackhead" he says loudly, as if he is so much more advanced.

I allow my voice to carry the conversation. "Thats why we are different" I say..."You see flaws to improve yourself, I see a touch of beauty and appreciate what I have"

"Her eyes were hazel too" I say.
Conversation, dropped.
© Copyright 2005 nickthetough (nickthetough at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017443-Hazel-Birthmark-On-The-Body