*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020060-My-dad
Rated: 13+ · Other · Family · #1020060
A moment from my childhood
In the year my dad stopped drinking we all had a great time, but there is one thing I remember more than anything. My dad's belly :) He had been a big beer drinker and had the beer belly to match. One evening me and my sis were playing and my dad decided to join in, we were still a bit nervous of him so we did as he asked. He stood at one end of the room and told us to stand at the other. He took his shirt off, put his arms out and told us to put our heads down and charge at his belly as hard as we could. To start off with we were quite gentle, but he was laughing! Harder! he said. Me and my sis looked at each other, alrighty then! We had never laughed so much, it was the best time EVER. In the end he had to accept that he was defeated. He got me and my sis, gave us both a huge bear hug and a big sloppy kiss and said, 'you're my poppetts you know. I love you two' We then just sat watching telly cuddling for the rest of the night.

Then a couple of months later, he went back to the pub.

© Copyright 2005 Loved up Annie xxx (tattyannie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020060-My-dad