*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020646-The-last-summer-day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Suri
Rated: · Other · Other · #1020646
last few days of life...
He sat next to her thinking of the wonderful things that they could have done. She was in her white dress, with the matching earrings, which she hated so much, but which he loved. Her earrings which held his whole universe together. Those earrings which made his life worth living.
He was trying to tell her how people, had forgotten to see all the beautiful things in life. She agreed. But she was thinking of something else. He was drawing her attention to the lone plant on the cement ground. He said that it was fighting so hard for its existence. He was too. She understood, and she was wondering how, beautiful its leaves were. People, had really stopped appreciating small things around them. They both loved the plant and its spirit to live. They were thinking of all the wonderful things that they could have done together with the precious thought of their plant.
He had a flower with him. He wanted her to have it. She never refused, but he never gave it too. The flower was orange and yellow. But it looked bluer to him and redder to her. She was happy, he was upset. She wanted to have it, but he won’t give it. The flower was a gift from another person to him, who had given her heart to him. He did not care for the flower until she came there. She was wondering of all the beautiful things that they could have done together if he had given her the flower.
The clouds were swirling past, above their heads. She was watching them. The clouds she said were in layers. They were moving in angles. She was fascinated by their movements. She loved rain. He loved rain too and was thinking of all the beautiful things that they could have done together in the rain.
And then it rained. They both loved the rain. Their eyes met.
He said goodbye and wondered of all the beautiful things that they could have done together if he had said all the beautiful things that she wanted to hear.

He had lived the last moment of his life. Happiness was on a lonely island in the midst of infinite stretch of the ocean. He was left alone, like he always was. The last summer day of his life was nothing more than that last moment which had left him unsatisfied.
She lived the moment and had her life’s time too. Happiness was wherever she could see. She was left with his thoughts, lingering in her mind, like never before. It was the first day of her new life, the moment with him was more than a lifetime.

The day however, will not spare him easily. Tormented soul had to bear the whips of the melodious voice that he dreaded will make him cry if he hears it again. He did. She was joyous. It tore him apart. He knew he had to get very far away from there. The last summer day had to come to an end and so it did. The memories however, won’t let him live. The beautiful things that she is doing now and the thought of the beautiful things they could have done together.
© Copyright 2005 Suri (suri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020646-The-last-summer-day