*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021352-Motel-Guest-Part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Saya
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1021352
A 16 year old girl.Finds a job at a Motel.Then realizes there's dangers involved.
Crystal was looking for a job. She needed the money to be able to buy food and have a place to live.. As she walked, finally arriving in front off the Motel it wasn't much to look at. Small with a few rooms, rented hourly. On the outside it looked like a broken down two story shack. White in color and the doors rotating in.
Crystal proceed to enter. The inside was cleaned but the lighting was dim. She walked to the counter and rang the bell, that sat there next to a large log book. A grey haired man, came out from a room in the back. Crystal looked at him as he approached the counter.

'what can I do for you, young lady?' the grey haired man asked.

Crystal stared for a second thinking of what to say.
~"Well I need a job, and by the looks of this place"~ Crystal looked around then back at him. ~"looks like you need a ladies touch"~

The gray hair man chuckled at how bold, and direct she said that. He scratched the back of his head. Then glanced at her from head to toe.

'How old are you? you look like a child, how could I possibly give you a job.' he shook his head.

~"Well I'm 16 and I clean things up for you, off the books of course. I'm a hard worker, I can clean the rooms, giving you more time to do .. well whatever you do"~ she gave him a smile.

'Ah,doesn't look like you'll take no for an answer. Fine I'll give you a trail run.' He then pointed to a mop closet.
'there you'll find the equipment you'll need to clean. Go clean room #9.' He grinned at her. As he showed her how the rooms was numbered. 'I'm Felix Cott whats your name anyway? can't very well call you girl, now can I'

~"Its Crystal, and thank you.. you wont regret it. "~ she quickly went to get the supplies and headed off to clean the room.

Crystal pushed the supply cart down the hall, as she arrived to the room. On the cart hanging from the handle was the master key. Crystal smiled thinking, that it wasn't wise for the old man to keep the key there for anyone to take. She grab the key and placed it in the keyhole for room #9, she slowly opened the door. As the pushed the door opened Crystal can see a basic room, a queen size bed in the center of the room. A small dresser just to the right, next to a large window with yellow drapes, and a television in front of the bed. Behind the door was another room, the restroom.. The Motel room wasn't bad, pretty clean and well kept. She grabbed a pair of plastic gloves from the cart and placed it on her hand. Crystal then grabbed cleaned sheets from the cart, walked into the room. She pulled off the used sheets and replaced then with the clean ones. Taking the used one to a spot on the cart. She then grabbed some cleaning fluids and some rags, entered the restroom to clean it. Once finished with the restroom. She continued to clean the rest of the room. After awhile she looked around the room, making sure everything was done correctly. ~"Clean"~ she spoke in a soft tone. Crystal left the room, locked it . Began to head back to the lobby.

As soon as she arrived to the lobby the grey hair man came running over to her. 'listen, you have the job' he said without even checking to see how she did. Felix Cott continued to speak 'I just got a call and one of NY's college football team is going to be staying with us. I need you to go to each of the rooms and make sure its tidy'. Crystal nodded ~"yes sir"~ she took a deep breath. Walked over to the closet to pulled out more clean sheets. Placing them on the cart. Crystal then looked at her new boss and grinned. She turned around with the cart, began to push the cart as she walked down the hallway. Then disappearing into th elevator.

She clean one room after the next. It took her hours, finally she arrived back at the lobby. Crystal pushed the cart to the closet opened the door and placed everything inside. She then went over to her new boss. ~"All done Mr.Cott"~ she said as she approach close to the counter. He was busy reviewing some papers. He lifted his head to look at her. 'good, good...' he grinned at how fast she was willing to work. "What do you need done now?"~ she waited of his reply. Mr.Cott just took a small sigh 'thats good for now, see you tomorrow at 4pm sharp.' ~"Alright I'll see you tomorrow then"~ Crystal turned around and left the Motel.

The next afternoon she return to the motel to find several buses outside. She hurried inside to speak to Mr.Cott. He was talking to two men. Mr.Cott's waved her over, and pointed to the men. 'These gentlemen are the coach Mr.Dukes and the assistant coach Mr. Daniels. They own the football team outside. They are the ones I spoke to you about yesterday.' Crystal nodded, glanced over at the buses outside. She stayed by Mr.Cott as he spoke to the coaches. The coaches was letting them know that it wasn't the full team just some new recruits. Including themselves there was thirty-six so they will need nineteen, rooms a single for each coach and seventeen double. Crystal kept thinking that it was a good thing she cleaned all the rooms. Mr.Cott had the coaches sign the logbook and he registered them. Then he handed all but four keys them. The motel was full. Mr.Dukes and Mr.Daniels thank Mr.Cott and went out to the bus.

'Crystal, now its going to be very busy around here for the next three weeks. I'm going to need you to stay late and help out'

~"Sure I can do that, not a problem."~

The new recruits started coming in. They were loud and very juvenile acting. Mr.Dukes and Mr.Daniels lead them to the rooms. Each recruit looking at Mr.Cott and Crystal as they came in. Crystal looked at Mr.Cott as the last one entered and followed the rest.
~"While they get settled in what do you need me to do?"~ she asked.
'Just sit and relax for now' He gave her a small grin.
'It will be busy as soon as they setttle'.

Crystal did just that she sat for a while, then got up and walked over to the counter. Grabbed a newspaper that was there, began to read it. She read three pages before Mr.Cott asked her to go make sure the guest were doing well. Crystal nodded closed the newspaper, began to walk down the hall to the elevator,she waited. Once it arrived she walked in and pressed the second floor button. Arriving at the floor the doors opened she stepped out. Right in front of her were five guys talking in the hallway. Crystal asked them if everything was good with their rooms, and if they needed anything to just ring downstairs.The guys looked at her in a strange way, giving her a bad feeling. She then continued to walk toward the coaches room. Before she can get anywhere one of the guys grabbed her by the arm

Player 1: 'hold on little lady, where you going in such a hurry'
Crystal: She stop as he grabbed her arm "let me go" she pulled her arm away from his grip.Then turned again to walk away.
Player 1: He grabbed her again this time a bit harder and pushed her to the wall. 'don't leave my friends and I want to have a little fun' He gave a smirk, looked at the other guys. Who were in agreement with him.
Crystal: Began to feel a little scared, she was pinned to the wall, face to face with this guy, the others where laughing. surrounding her
Player 1: He pulled her 'come lets go to my room' he started to drag her a few step.

Just then Mr.Dukes came out of his room. As soon as the guys saw him they let her go. Crystal walked quickly over to Mr.Dukes. 'Is everything alright here' Mr.Dukes asked Crystal, She looked around at the guys and lowered her head "yes everything is fine. I came up to let you know that if there is anything you need to please ring down stairs" She said with a shaky voice. Crystal then walked quickly down the hall to take the stairs. Mr.Dukes looked at the guys 'I don't want you guys bothering that girl understood'. The guys nodded and walked to their rooms.

As Crystal reached the stairs. Tears came to her eyes, she quickly wiped it away. Went back to the lobby straight to the counter. Mr.Cott was sitting down on a nearby chair. "Everything ok, you were up there a while" he asked. "Yes everything is fine" She turned the pages of the newspaper as if nothing had happened.

She wasn't really reading just trying to look busy. Mr.Cott just sat there for a little while and fell asleep on the chair. After about an hour Crystal got tired of turning pages over and over. She put the newspaper away. The players were walking in and out of the Motel. She just glanced at them as they left. Mr.Cott woke up, looking over at Crystal then at the clock it was close to midnight. 'You best be getting home' He said. 'Oh before I forget I need you here bright and early to make the beds. Before you go to that school of yours' Crystal looked at him and nodded "yes sir." She walked out of the Motel.

It was dark the city looked emptied. Crystal walked away from the Motel and down the street. As she went around the corner, she can hear people laughing she sighed, and kept walking. Although she could hear people Crystal couldn't see them. She didn't mind Crystal was happy to be going to her place to sleep she was tired, and wanted to rest. As she past an alley someone grabbed her from behind. Wrapping their arms around her arms and waist. Pinning her, they pick her up as the person turn around Crystal could see the four football players standing in the alley. Her heart began to race the guy carrying her was that guy from the Motel. He took her into the alley and tossed her down. Crystal quickly got up and into a fighting stance, she knew she was in trouble but she was going to just let them do whatever to her. The players looked down on her and laughed.

'Now we will have our fun' One of the guys went toward her. She sent a right kick to his stomach. He got tossed back. Another guy came from the side, Crystal didn't noticed and he punched her in the face she fell. She was so tired and her emotion of fear was getting her down. Crystal looked up to the guys as they came in closer. She knew she was in deep trouble
© Copyright 2005 Saya (saya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021352-Motel-Guest-Part-1