*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021899-If-This-Is-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1021899
I wrote this recently. May be the most probing/heartfelt piece I've ever wrote.
If this is a bright summer day, then your smile is the sun.
If this is a cold winter night, then your embrace keeps me warm.
If this is a dream, then I'll sleep forver, if it means I can be beside you.
If this is Heaven, then your kisses are the clouds I dance upon.
If there are my words, and this is my voice, then I'll speak of your glowing beauty always.
For your inner beauty speaks volumes,
And your outter beauty is beyond words.


If this is an obsession, then I'll endure the torture.
If this is infatuation, then let my passion bloom.
If this is a crush, then I'm going to fall hard.
If this is unrequited, and I've got it all wrong, then someone make the pain go away.
If this is desire, then to be with you is the ultimate bliss.
If this is love, then I give you my heart and soul.
And if you are the one, then I'll give you my world, if you would only ask.
But if I am mistaken by your affections, and must live without you,
then a piece of my heart,
and a piece of my life is missing.

Written: 9-13-05

As a side note, I allow you (the reader) to make assumptions about the poem's meaning, but I wanted to clear one thing. This poem was written not really for one person in my life, although it could be translated that way. There's several people, both past and present, that this poem is written for. Clearly the writer knows how she feels about the person, but is conflicted in terms of where she stands in his eyes. But that's my take... and I welcome all opinions!
© Copyright 2005 Brittiani (princessbritt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021899-If-This-Is-You