*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021933-Ballet-Shoes
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Personal · #1021933
A short piece about the loss of youth and innocence
Slipping on my old ballet shoes brings back long forgotten memories of innocence and the peace of childhood.
Carefree days and soft summer breezes play parks and dancing lessons.
I guess back then I felt so pure, because everything was carefree and pretty and new.
Life hadn’t touched me and I was young, no man knew my body and I didn’t really care.
Sex wasn’t thought of, love was unconditional, life was a party while I wore these shoes.
Time ages people, the planet and life, still playing in the gardens didn’t bring any strife.
Do you think it’s possible to get back those times, skipping on pathways and smiling at life?
Old memories seem wasted when you start to age; still you want to cling to happy childhood days.
So whenever I hear music or put on those shoes, I let time stop for little and let reminiscing ensue.
© Copyright 2005 Ella Karsten (ellakarsten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1021933-Ballet-Shoes