*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022187-Lily-the-Lollipop-Girl
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1022187
Hope everyone likes my very first writing.com story!
Once upon a time, in the far away land of Candyland, lived a girl named Lily who has never had a lollipop in her life. But, soon that was about to change. Lily had just turned 10 years old the past day and was so exited to open her presents on this beautiful Saturday morning.. "Mom, I'm ready to open my presents!", shouted Lily from her bedroom."Alright, c'mon down sweetie!", shouted her mother right back up the staircase. Lily sprinted down the staircase in her pajamas full of joy and curiosity. The first few presents were the usual: books, CD's, art projects, etc. Just when Lily had lost all hope of getting something new and exiting, something extraordinary came up in the present pile."Can books be round at 1 end and straight the rest of the way?", asked Lily curiously examining the oddly shaped present. "I don't think that is a book.", said her mom smiling. As Lily cautiously opened the weird package, a confused face appeared on Lily. "What is this thing?", asked Lily confused. "That is a lollipop, honey, the best candy in all of Candyland.", said her mother, as a smile slowly showed itself on Lily's face. For the next few hours, Lily could not stop licking and biting that little birthday present lollipop. At last when it was all gone, at night, Lily went to bed thinking about next year and how all she'll want is 1 more lollipop to dream about more in years to come.
The End
© Copyright 2005 Chica Sociable (ch33r0holic34 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022187-Lily-the-Lollipop-Girl