*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022832-Dread
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1022832
My first short story. A look at my life.
The trembling has started, you try to bring it under control but you are unable to. Dread and fear seem to overwhelm you. Your breath comes in short gasps as you try to calm you racing heart, palms are sweating and your eyes are darting around the room looking for an escape route, you know that the is no escape.

You flex your hands trying to ease the pain of gripping the armrest. You open and close your hand flexing at the wrist and bending your arm open then closed. Your breath catches as you hear the noise of a chair wheel moving over the vinyl tile on the floor behind you. Your thoughts race as you wonder what is going on, you hear the noise of cabinets sliding open and closed, packages being opened on the counter and the contents taken out. You hear the echo of metal hitting metal. Sweat breaks out on your brow. You bring your hands up to message your temples trying to ease the pressure behind your eyes. You know that this will happen and you seem unable to stop the panic that is overwhelming you. You like your lips trying to draw some moisture into your mouth. Fear has made your mouth as dry as the desert.

You grip the arm rest as you hear the wheels roll over the tile, coming closer your heart starts to race, you press your body down into the chair, trying to become one with the chair. Your eyes dart around the room looking for an escape and the look of defeat comes into your eyes as a face peers at you from above, smiling you cringe almost closing your eyes.
“Well, how are you doing today?” asked Bob your dentist
“Not to good” you reply, “I am extremely nervous.”
He looks into your eyes with confidence.
© Copyright 2005 Sun2shine (sunshine6409 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022832-Dread