*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023398-Fall--what-war-brings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1023398
A man thinks back in time as his world crumbles before him.
It was a rainy day and the darkness covered the whole earth. My hands were shiverig from the cold and I didn't have the strength to move another step. Smoke was choking me and I could feel a presence of some form coming closer to me.

I could not think straight, but somehow I could invision the image of little brother standing right infront of me. I try to move back but my spine aches. Why was I trying to run away from him. After all he had loved me with all his heart when he still had some breath in nhis small body.

Then my fear turned into guilt. Everything was coming back to me. The night I had been drunk and angry. When I arrived at home my brother was crying and asking me to explain why Dad and Mom had died. I only shouted at him and banged the door behind me. Moments later I heard a scream from the maid outside. Putting on my gown and running outside. I could see the cold body of my brother floating dead in the pool. I became sober and I rushed into the room.

As I thought about this I noticed why I saw him standing there, staring at me with tear filled eyes. The roof began to crumble and the fire was drawing closer. He was taking me away from this world, away from my life. He had brought death with him. I lay on the floor gasping for air but then my body gave in....

It was the end
© Copyright 2005 becks13 (becks13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023398-Fall--what-war-brings