*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023761-Why-Dont-Fish-Wear-Shoes
by Johnse
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1023761
How come Little Clare has to wear shoes when her fish and other animals don't?
Little Clare was in her room looking at her feet.

“I wonder why I have to wear shoes?” she asked herself.

Clare asked her fish, “How come I have to wear shoes and you don’t?”

The fish replied, “I don’t know why you have to, but I don’t have any feet, I only have fins to swim. Let’s ask Doggie.”

So Little Clare asked Doggie, “How come I have to wear shoes and you don’t?”

Doggie replied, “I don’t know why you have to, but I couldn’t run as fast with shoes on. Let’s ask Froggie.”

So Little Clare asked Froggie, “How come I have to wear shoes and you don’t?”

Froggie replied, “I don’t know why you have to, but I couldn’t jump if I had shoes on my feet. Let’s ask Duckie.”

So Little Clare asked Duckie, “How come I have to wear shoes and you don’t?”

Duckie replied, “I don’t know why you have to, but I couldn’t paddle my feet in the water with shoes on. Let’s ask Pony.”

So Little Clare asked Pony, “How come I have to wear shoes and you don’t?”

Pony replied, “I don’t know why you have to, but I do have to wear shoes. They’re called horse shoes and they protect my hooves and keep me from hurting myself."

Little Clare looked at her shoes and decided they were important because they protected her feet and they helped her to run faster and jump higher. Shoes helped keep her feet dry when it rained and warm when it snowed. There were even shoes that helped her to swim.

Little Clare was happy she had shoes.
© Copyright 2005 Johnse (kjohnse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023761-Why-Dont-Fish-Wear-Shoes