*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024004-Kris-the-Thief
by Alukun
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1024004
The adventures of Kris the thief and his talking sparrow hawk Arkishan.
Muhan Zhang
HR: 025

Kris the Theif

The wind swiftly blows and dies. The grass remains untouched. Then suddenly in the distance a train slowly comes into view. The words "The Titranic Express" are engraved in gold. As the train slowly comes into view the sounds of chaos are suddenly heard. Through the window you can dimly see the image of a man holding a gun up to a rich women’s head while the other holding on to the rail of the door for support.
"Okay you know the drill. Give up all your valuables or die!" And with that the thief cocks the gun and the women suddenly whimpers. "No, sir, please, spare my wife! I’ll give you everything I have!" says a terrified man as he takes out all his valuables and throws toward the thief. The thief gives a sly grin. "Now that’s more like it. Now throw all valuables on the ground and put your hands in the air!" The passengers all do as told and then slowly moving away from their valuables.
"Arkishan! Scout!" The tiny blue sparrow hawk flies into the compartment and perches itself on the thieves shoulder. He gives hard looks at all the passengers. Suddenly it stops gazing and chirps twice. "So I see we have a little theif in here then? Other than me of course." The thief chuckles at his own joke. "Back to business. Whoever it is I’ll give you one more chance. Give up your valuables before I have to shoot you!" No one moves. "Alright then I guess you’ll just have to die. Arkishan! Identify!"
The swallow takes off again and pecks one person on the head. A look of terror passes his face. The grin that the thief once had on turns to a murderous frown. "I gave you a chance…now I guess I’ll have to…" Then just as the thief aimed the gun at the man the train starts swinging wildly. The passengers clutch on to each other and start praying. The thief is taken by surprise is propelled out of the door. While he falls he can barely see his comrades shouting: "Kris!!" Then everything started to fade…
_____________________________________________________________________
*N*N*N*N*N*N*N*N*N*N*N*

Then a distant image with a blur of blue came into view as Kris awoke from his unconsciousness. He quickly got on his feet and looked around at his surroundings. He was in a deep forest and as far as he could tell it went on forever. He looks at the sky and immediately noticed his sparrow hawk was flying in the air and looking for something. ‘Must’ve been looking for me.’ Kris tells himself as he lets out a slight chuckle.
He whistles and the sparrow hawk immediately takes notice of him, then swiftly dives and lands on Kris’s arm. "Hey Arkishan how you been doing?" The bird makes no reply but rubs his head against Kris’s arm. "I see". After talking to the bird a bit more Kris starts wondering in how he was to survive on this strange new place. His mind was suddenly interrupted as a grumbling sound comes from his stomach. ‘Better take care of that problem before anything else…’ Kris thought as he took a small dagger out and started foraging for eatable plants.
__________________________________________________________________-______
By nightfall Kris had made a half decent shelter. There was a small fire burning with warmth. Close to that there was a cave dug in the dirt that barely fit one man. Close to that there was a perch made out of twigs and also another small pit that was used to store food. Inside the pit there was a lot of different types of food. There was a rabbit and squirrel (both hunted by Arkishan) and also a lot of herbs and plants. The pair could be seen feasting on there gatherings and having a good time. "You know Arkishan I’ve been thinking." Started Kris "maybe living here won’t be so bad I mean there’s no laws, or any patrol officers. We could do whatever we want. What do you think?" As he looked over to Arkishan’s perch he realized that the bird had already fell asleep. ‘ I didn’t think my plan was that boring" Kris thought as he climbed into his make shift bed and went to sleep.
The next day Kris really started working. He decided that he would have to make a hut or something that could at least block out the rain. After exploring the island he found that there were many washed away things upon the shore. He found some dried meat, some big blades that he guessed were for axes and finally he found some books. ‘ Hm not bad for sea drift stuff but the books are useless.’ Kris thought as he absent-mindedly left the books there. The rest of the day Kris hid away the meat and started working on making axes from the blades. At the end of the day when he looked upon his work he realized that he really hadn’t done much other than finding the materials. ‘This is going to take a while..’ Thought Kris as he at last retired to his bed.
© Copyright 2005 Alukun (muhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024004-Kris-the-Thief