*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024090-Battle-for-Purity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: NPL · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1024090
This is about one of my roleplay characters and the battle for who she wants to be.

It was a dreary and rainy night as the thunder clashed and lightning seemed to jump along the ground. A child was saved from the hypnotic water, as it pulled down many of the surrounding ships .The child was strange, she had beautiful brown hair and crimson red eyes. The child was brought to humble, bustling town of Honnouji where she was named Evelina Kagami Hatoro. As she grew she noticed how children crawled through the streets begging for money to buy food. Evelina’s guardian Sylena grew worried as she noticed Evelina sitting by the window day after day.

“Sylena may I go outside to play with the other children?” asked the now fifteen year old Evelina “Of course dear” said Sylena calming down some. Evelina walked slowly to the park enjoying her time. Evelina was a sweet, kind, and caring young girl who just had this gift for knowing what to say. She arrived at the park moments later the boys stared at her in awe, while the girls looked at her and scoffed. “ Hey Evelina come hang out with us!” yelled one of the boys “Please tell me you’re kidding she has the demon’s eyes, she harbors the demon inside her” shouted one of the girls as if to trigger some sort of memory.

“Memento Mori” said Evelina as the words just slipped out of her mouth. A thousand mages flooded around her and the children. “Heathen!” shouted one of the girls “No” cried Evelina as she ran away covering her ears to try and block out the sound. “Evelina!” shouted her guardian Sylena. “You wench! We told you to leave her to die, can’t you see she has the eyes of the demon” shouted one of the village men “That doesn’t change who she is, she’s not a demon at all!” Sylena replied trying to protect the child she had come to love. “Impudence! I’ll kill you myself,” shouted another one of the village men “Tears did not bring back the dead, neither did prayers” yelled Sylena as the sound of metal piercing through flesh could be heard throughout the town.

“Mother!” “Evelina all the things the children said about you, are true I have left a stash of money for you…” “Mother! Sylena! Please…open your eyes…” cried Evelina through tears. Evelina trembled violently and turned to face the villagers. “Fuck it! You fucking bastards have taken one thing from me too many. I tried being nice to you…” and snapped her fingers and looked in the direction that the explosion just went off in “But every time I came close you bastards did this to me. And? I’ve fucking had it! Time to squeal and shriek in pain like the pitiful creatures you are” “ Evelina think about what you’re saying!” cried her best friend Johnathan “ I have John, and my consensus is that you’re just as bad as them you saw what they did to Sylena, and you did nothing to try and stop them. Besides if I don’t kill you they will,” replied Evelina her voice compassionate and cold at the same time. “Evelina, you got something they don’t, you’ve got a piece of me buried deep within you, a piece of my soul. Why do you have to drag us both through pure hell?” Her lips curled back baring fangs “they killed my mother!” she screamed at him and clenched her fists, as the air became eerily thick and suffocating. “ I must do as my heart does will and the conscience that I have left in me dictates” Evelina said angrily. “ But… Evelina?” “Let your sins…” she slashed out at one of the villagers and slit his throat “ be washed away in your blood” she said as she lunged one of the daggers through Sylena’s killer’s chest and ripped out his still beating heart.

“Evelina…” Johnathan stood there eyes wide open as he watched the village fall to ruin, burned down to ashes, and the villagers all but him slain and charred. The suffocating smell of death and blood now loomed over the village. “Evelina! No! Don’t!”
But it was too late, for the inner demon inside her body had been unleashed and now wandered the town looking for a meal. She wandered the village in a state of disarray, a hollow shell of what she used to be appearing on the outside but I demon nonetheless wandering exposed to her true nature, in her mind she still fought an even greater battle. “No… how could I do that to him? Why? Why am I stuck with this accursed body that I loathe and call mine?”
© Copyright 2005 Sabishi-Neko (fallen__2006 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024090-Battle-for-Purity