*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024763-The-Never-Ending-Nightmare
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1024763
This is about my two best friends that died on 10-05-05.
I wanted to move in with me dad for a long time. Then one day I finally did. It was the middle of May 2004, at the end of my first year of 8th grade.
On my first day going to this new school, there, in the office, stood these two amazing girls. They came up to me and they were like, "are you new here?" and I replied, "yeah I am, I'm in 8th grade now and my name is Claire." They looked really happy to see me. Then they said "Well I'm Meaghin Burns, and I'm Kerri Simons." They then both gave me the biggest hug I had ever had.
As the next year came around, Kerri was in 7th grade and Meaghin and I were in 8th. I had a bunch of classes with Meaghin, but the only time I got to see Kerri was before and after school. We all became really good friends.
The next year Meaghin and I went into High School for our Freshman year. Homecoming was on September 30th, 2005. Meaghin had always talked about the day she was going to go to homecoming. I wasn't aloud to go but Meaghin had a BLAST!
It was then, Wednesday October 5th, 2005, and Meaghin hadn't even seen her homecoming pictures yet.
Kerri wanted Meaghin to come to her house that night, so she did. They were out riding an ATV at about 5:30ish. They were on this trail and they went down a hill. When they got to the bottom they were crossing the road, because there were no cars coming, and then they got hit by a truck. The truck had a woman driving and a 2, 4, 6 year olds in the truck. They got hit so hard that the ATV flew about 20 to 30 feet. The lady driving the truck was going about 60 mph in a 25 zone.No one in the truck got hurt but Meaghin died instantly. Kerri later that night died in the hospital.
On October 6th, 2005, none of their friends could stay in class, so we went for a walk then we went to the library to sit and talk about what had just happened. The day this happened I had told Meaghin that I loved her and for her to never forget that because I never would.
On friday the 7th my friend Haley and I went to Meaghin's visition. We all cryed and cryed. Before I could go up and see Meaghin I had to go give her parent's a hug and tell them my story, and how everyone loved her.
When I went to see Meaghin I didnt expect to see what i saw. Meaghin wasn't smiling like she always did. She looked so fake it was like it wasn't even her. Her hands looked like plastic. She had her class ring on her left pinky, and she was wearing her favorite pink shirt. After the visition Haley and I went to the site where they got hit. There was blood going all the way up the hill in the road. We think it was from when they carried them up to the ambulance.
I had, durning school that day, everyone who was Meaghin and Kerri's friend sign a pink shirt that said In Memory Of Meaghin Burns and Kerri Simons. I also that friday made Meaghin this pink thing that said I love you Meaghin on it.
While I was at the visition I went up to Meaghin's mom and I asked her if the two things could be barried with her. Her mom said yes thats fine, while she was crying. I handed her the shirt and the pink thing I made, and I said "Now while shes up there in Heaven she will always be with all of her friends forever and ever."
Well this is all I have to say. I just want everyone to know how we are all very hurt inside. We all love you two. In Loving Memory Of Meaghin Burns And Kerri Simons.
© Copyright 2005 Dude Jr. (jrbiscuit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024763-The-Never-Ending-Nightmare