*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024912-One-Night-Stand
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Writing · #1024912
This monologue is about a young man that never took warnings seriously not even his life.
After that night I felt like a champ. I finally had a chance to get with this girl that I’ve been trying to get with every since the 12th grade. And even though my friends and family told me about her. I just wanted to get with her since all I wanted was to take a chance…
I choose not to believe everyone’s gossip. So I played a game of chance every time I lay down with this girl name Claire. She made me feel good… like a real man should. And I choose not to use protection every time we decided to do our deeds…
Dreams keep hunting me as I sleep at night… The fear of not seeing my family and friends use to not scare me. But it does now… I though that I had all the answers and that I didn’t need no one’s help with nothing. And although my mind is wondering I now wish that there was a way that I could still change my ways…
Silence and darkness has surrounded me. And I’m afraid… I look for a way to escape but there is no way… I hear a voice a silent voice so I follow it to another place..
I see a girl and I ask her.
“ Why am I here?”
And she asks me.“Don’t you know?”
and I qickly asked “ Know what?”
"The night you had your first night stand… You contracted a virus that you could not keep away. And so this is a sad, sad day for your family and also your friends…"
And I quickly said that I did not understand… She said that I contracted AIDS during my one nightstand… and that I died from it on my mothers 40th birthday… So now I sit here in this new place hoping that my family and friends will understand.
It only took one night...just a one-night stand.
For me to catch AIDS and let it take my life away… I thought I knew everything. But I know what ever I knew… I lost it that day…that day during my first one nightstand
© Copyright 2005 Jonamas (cameo280 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024912-One-Night-Stand