*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024985-Dangerously-In-Love
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1024985
This story is about a couple who finds that leaving isn't so easy, its fatal at times
" I loved her... I swear I did." Zech said as he was quickly rolled into the hospital by the paramedics. While closing his eyes, as if trying to come to the reality that the woman he loved shot him, as he loses consciousness he begins to look back at his past to answer questions he could not answer.
"Zech", Glenda said. In a soft but determined voice.
"What now, you've been bugging me all day. I'm getting sick of this crap!" he yelled as he looked at his young wife, studying her expression, knowing that he had once again hurt her. Now slowly making his way across the room to her. Zech softly grabbed her around her slender waist and held her as her long red hair fell onto him. " I love you... you know that right?" Zech said, while looking into her solid green eyes.
" I know" she responded blankly, as she drew her attention to the other side of the room, noticing his old faded leather jacket laying on the bed. " I can't believe you still have that." Glenda said with annoyance, as she released herself from his arms,hurrying to the jacket. Now bringing him back to reality, Zech seighed as he turned to look at her. She had been telling him that he needed to throw away his jacket for the longest time, but still he always refused to do so.
"Why do we always have to talk about this?" He said as he walked up to her and took it, turning it right side up so he could put it on a hanger. As Glenda watched him, she suddenly caught sight of some photos that were laying under his coat on the bed. knowing that they could not have been hers, since all of the pictures she and Zach had taken were all in picture albums. She then looked up at him, seeing that he was not conscious of the photos. She slowly picked them up and looked at them.
Although she asked him time and time again if he was cheating, he would always assure her that he was not, and for the very first time she knew that her marriage was in fact coming to an end. As she slowly lowered the photos, tears begin to roll down the sides of her face.
" You are a big jerk," She said as she looked at him. " You said that you loved me, but you are going out and sleeping with some bimbo!" Glenda yelled as she threw the photos at him. "Oh so this is all my fault!" Zech yelled in protest. " If I didn't have to deal with your threats, and you harassing me and my friends, I wouldn't have to go out and find some sort of satisfaction." Zech yelled as his face turned red.
"If you weren't so damn demanding and did something that would for once help us . Then you wouldn't feel like the bad guy!" Glenda yelled as she turned and faced the window, looking out over the cliff at the sea, as it tried to reflect the moons pale light. Before the rain clouds covered it.
"Who is she?" She asked blankly as she looked out their bedroom window. "Her name is Towanda," he replied without hesitation, trying to sound calm . "How long have you two been sleeping together?" she asked.
" For two years...she's pregnant now," Zech said as he looked at Glenda slowly lower her head, and turned towards their bed and sit down beside the night stand. " What can I do... I've done all that I could. But I can't let you go.." she whispered to herself, as she leaned foward and opened up the drawer and pulled out a gun, slowly sliding it into her robe as she sat straight up again. After a few moments of crying she slowly stood up turned around and looked at him, studying his strong but slim figure and his long black hair and brown eyes.
" I love you Zech..." She said looking up at him from across the room. "But I just can't take it anymore," She said lowering her head again. "I'm sorry for hurting you bu-" He started to say before the loud ringing of a gun went off in the room, catching him in his left arm sending him to the floor.
As he rolled over trying to drag himself out of their bedroom, he suddenly hears two more shots. Now yelling in pain as the heated bullets made their way into his his upper and lower back, forcing a stream of blood to make its way onto the light brown carpet. As he lay in silence trying to fight death, he listened to Glenda make her way to the side of their bed and sit down.
" Yes, I would like to report a murder," she said calmly and then hung up the phone. "I really did love you Zech... and just to let you know, your son did to." Glenda said as she closed her eyes and shot herself, dying instantly as her lifeless body fell to the floor. Now realizing that he had in fact destroyed a life that he not only failed to love but to notice. He suddenly begin to cry, as the paramedics lifted him onto a stretcher.
Now coming to Zech finds himself looking at four white walls inside his hospital room, as he listened to the sound of foot steps moving past his door, tears slowly rolled down his face.
As he closed his eyes for the last time, he goes back to the time when he was in fact happy. Knowing that he could never go back and change the past, the room slowly goes silent as he dies in his own misery.
© Copyright 2005 Jonamas (cameo280 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024985-Dangerously-In-Love