*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025120-The-Journey-for-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nique
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1025120
It is a fantasy story.You decide the ending, no two endings are the same.
“Messenger, call to me my fifth daughter”, demanded Queen Avivian. “Yes your highness”, the messenger said wearily. Marcus, the messenger, had been sent on quests all day for Queen Avivian, and had not had a moment to rest since sun up. He knew that as the Queen talked to her fifth daughter he would be able to rest outside the debating hall door. When he reached the sixth hallway he began to despise the fifth daughter for being the last daughter left because, she had the highest tower and the most stairs to climb. About fifteen minutes later, Marcus had retrieved the fifth daughter and was sitting outside of the debating hall doors listening to every word Queen Avivian said. “Princess Emerald Avila Marquette, you have been the most wonderful princess since my first daughter, but you must be Sent”, said Queen Avivian. “Why must I be Sent mother? I have not done anything deceitful or treacherous to dishonor the family. I do as I’m told and don’t think otherwise.” Queen Avivian retorted, “That’s just the problem, you don’t think otherwise. Your sisters before you had to be Sent because they thought too much. It is as if you do not think at all. So you must be Sent to find The One that will make you think and question the world. Messenger!” Marcus rushed from the doors of the debating hall and into hallway one’s closet. He had always known whom the small bag was for but did not know when he would be presenting it. He rushed into the debating hall because he knew that Queen Avivian would not tolerate laziness, or so she called it. “Give me your crown and your jewelry. Put on this peasant outfit. The only jewelry that you will receive is the time travel pendent. It will only bring you to the corresponding world that calls you and it will not bring you back until your quest has been completed,” said Queen Avivian. The messenger just snickered to himself. He had waited this day from Princess Emerald’s birth. It was finally here and he could not contain himself. However, he knew that if he did not he would get bladed 30 times by her highness’ personal executioner.
With all of her personal belongings stripped of her Princess Emerald snatched the bag away from Marcus and stormed out of the castle before Queen Avivian could tell her to take some food for the long quest. As Princess Emerald left the castle gates, she turned around to watch the sun set on the home that she had been banished from.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
“Why would she do this to me? I have not been unkind or unfaithful. I never doubted her judgment. Why would she want to Send me?” thought Princess Emerald as she hobbled away from the outer most walls of the castle. She was in a rut over the fact that Queen Avivian had exiled her from the castle. With the fact that Queen Avivian exiled her from the castle, she also banished her from the city. As Princess Emerald trudged on, she realized this fact as the night got colder and the sky got darker. When she looked up to find the North Star, as she had been taught as a little girl, she started to cry. She cried for hours, because the stars reminded her of everything that she had been forced to leave behind. Her jewelry was gone, her shiny crown, her spotless slippers, and the polished floor that she could see her reflection. She now knew how the slaves felt. She tried to shake the feeling off. She hated the slaves and she hated her mother. She was going to survive somehow, just to prove them all wrong.
“I must find somebody to help me survive in this jungle (which happened to be no more than a stony path and a few acres of trees and a river). Someone who does not know who I am; and, is willing to help a stranger in need. A few minutes later, Princess Emerald stumbled upon a village that was all lit up, as in preparing for a celebration.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Emerald was untactful in sneaking up on the tribe. They all ran away from her, except for one boy who was not afraid of her at all. “Hi! My name is Inwibo. My people are of the Tiger Tribe we fear none but ourselves. What tribe are you from?” Exclaimed the little boy in utter happiness. Before Emerald had the chance to say her name, the little boy’s mother snatched him up like a hurricane, and cursed at Emerald in some native tongue that was unfamiliar to her. When Emerald approached Inwibo and his mother, she felt someone or something tugging her. She did not know what it was but she felt as if she was being dragged through the mud. She closed her eyes and started to pray that she was not being attacked by something.
When Emerald opened her eyes, she found herself surrounded by a pack or wolves. Emerald panicked, she knew that she could not out run them, and she could not fight them. All of the wolves started to slowly approach her, until a voice called out “Leave that woman alone! She had not done you harm!” Emerald thought that she was being rescued by a handsome Prince; like the ones in the history books that she was forced to read as a child, but she could see no one. She looked north, south, east, and west; but she could not find her Prince. She started to hear footsteps, and the big circle of wolves started to part. She hoped that she could see who was talking and what her handsome Prince looked like. When the part in the circle was big enough to see who was approaching her, she fainted! It was none other than the leader of the wolf clan himself.
When Emerald came to, she found herself surrounded by ladies in waiting. They were wiping the sweat off her brow and fanning her. Emerald tried to convince herself that it was all a dream. “Leave us!” demanded a powerful voice from outside the room. All of the women left bowing their heads. As soon as they left a wolf, stalked in. emerald got so nervous that her clothes were almost drenched in sweat. “There is no need to fear me.” “W-w-why would I do that?” she stuttered. “Because of this.” The wolf said as he changed shape.
In an instant, he was no longer a wolf, he was a man, Emerald screamed! She could not contain herself. She ran as fast as she could to get away from that “man” and that place that she tripped and lost both of her shoes. “No matter what happens, I must run for my life,” thought Emerald. When she felt that she was a safe distance away, she sat on the ground and wept. “Why is this happening to me? I just want to find The One and go back home,” Emerald said.
Then it dawned on her. The tugging that she felt must have been this world calling her. Moreover, the man might have been The One. “I’ve questioned things, thought, and almost gone into cardiac arrest. What more will it take to bring me home?” What more will it take to bring her home? Think about it, and then… YOU DECIDE!
© Copyright 2005 Nique (momo2010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025120-The-Journey-for-Life