*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025148-Animosity
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1025148
A horror story involving the prediction of a man's future through dreams.
Animosity

I had a dream one night. It was very frightening. In my dream I could see a little girl. She was very pale. She was colorless. She showed no expression as I approached her she just stared into nothingness.
“What is your name, little girl?” I said to her. “Animosity”, she replied in a monotonous voice. “Who would name their child that?” I asked. She pointed to a small group of people across the street.
“Are you lost?” I started to ask but I stopped when she snapped her fingers. At that moment a truck came speeding down the road. She snapped again. The truck started swerving out of control. It started to flip. The large truck was flipping towards the crowd of people. They tried to get out of the path of death, which was the truck, but the truck proved to be the quicker.
At the moment of impact I turned my head and looked into the eyes of the girl. They were eyes of hatred. They were filled with flames. It was the first color I saw on her. I now knew why she was named Animosity.

******

I was having a hard time concentrating while I was taking my mid-term for biology. I kept thinking about my dream the night before. It seemed so real. It felt like I was controlling my actions.
I could remember the scene so very vividly. It was stuck in my brain. I could think of nothing else.
I missed the bus after school. I honestly didn’t care too much. It wasn’t so long of a walk home. I’d be able to occupy time by fiddling with my yo-yo. I’d also be able to think of my dream more thoroughly.
As I walked through Midway Park, I heard a loud screech. I looked up and saw a truck flipping. It rolled into a pack of people. I was getting scared. I heard a rustle of leaves to the side of me. Then footsteps. I shook those feelings away.
It was just like my dream prophesied. I ran closer to the accident. I saw a map blowing in the wind towards me. I picked it up. It was the truckers’. The destination of the driver was unclear, because it wasn’t marked, but the trucker was obviously coming from the south. The southernmost part of the map had a mark etched into it. I was unsure, but I think it said…. HELL.

******

It was hard to get to sleep the next night. I kept thinking of the events that occurred this past week.
I did get to sleep, though. My dream was no less scary this time. I was in the backyard of my house.
On my swing set sat a little girl. It was Animosity. She was swinging ever so slightly. I just looked; looked at her blank expression.
I then saw the back door to my house open. My most beloved aunt, Christine, came out. She was walking towards the fence. I knew not why.
I heard a snap. In the path of my aunt appeared appeared a rock. Another snap. She tripped. I looked again at Animosity. She was wearing a devilish grin. Confused and scared, I ran to Christine’s aid. Getting closer I saw blood. Her face was implanted on a stick. I turned my head away from the gruesome sight and noticed the o-so familiar flames in the demon’s eyes. I wanted to rush towards her and destroy the nightmare, which was Animosity, but I was brought back to reality.

******

I went to school the next morning. I couldn’t think about anything but the horrifying reverie I had last night. No matter how hard I tried, the images would not leave my brain.
After school I went to my backyard. I figured something might happen. Standing near the play-set, I felt like a fool. I even started questioning my sanity.
I was about to walk inside when I heard a creaking noise. It was a swing. It was swaying back and forth. I stared at it in fear.
The back door to my house opened. Out came my aunt. I tried to run to her but one of the branches on a nearby tree unexpectedly grabbed on to me and held me up for a second.
I called out to her. It was too late. She was in midair, falling. I refused to look. I got on my knees and started crying. I cried for what seemed hours. In reality it was only minutes.
I heard a giggle in the distance. I sprinted towards the swing and started punching and kicking ferociously at the air. I was cursing, screaming at the demonic being that had killed my favorite aunt.
I heard laughing. It was very loud this time and coming from the alleyway. I ran towards the voice.
I was confused. The voice was coming from every direction. I started swinging around barbarously. The laughter only got louder. My head started to hurt very badly. It felt as if my head were going to implode.
The pressure was too much for me. I fell to the ground, unconscious.

******

That night, I tried hard to stay awake. I didn’t want any more nightmares or revelations. But all the mixed emotions had me exhausted and I fell asleep.
This next dream was the scariest yet. I was standing on a sidewalk. It was very dark and cold out. I couldn’t see Animosity this time. What I could see was a very dark shape.
It was a man. I also saw another man coming from behind. The other guy grabbed the first and he fell towards the ground.
I walked to the man on the ground. I examined the body and found three slits in the man’s throat. I then looked at the face to identify the victim.
I awoke crying in a puddle of sweat. The face of that unfortunate soul was a familiar one. The face…. was mine!

© Copyright 2005 littledreamer (gtslover7887 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1025148-Animosity