*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026671-Wonder
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by handle
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1026671
This is a story about a little girl who is lost.
First time



As she woke up clueless she sat straight, shivering and cold all over. She did not think about tiredness, hunger or thirst. She had dry mud on her face and on her hair and clothes. A new checked white blanket was on her, covered in dry mud making the blanket look grey. The blanket looked stretched as she pulled the blanket all night to keep warm. She looked around; she did not know where she was, and how she got there. She did not know where she came from or who she was. All she saw was an old abandoned building smashed to the ground, and dry mud that laid on rocks flying in the air across the building. There where thick dull clouds. It was so windy she could feel the wind going through her ears. She looked around but there was no-one there. She was worried, but she did not cry, she felt no use in crying. She felt as if she was going to stay in this old, dry, cold, abandoned place forever.

As time passed slowly nothing seemed to change. She just sat there waiting and waiting, after a long wait she could see the sun starting to set. As the clouds flew away, the wind started to stop blowing. She could see the orange and the aqua blue as the sun started to set. It was a nice sight to see in a way. But she was hungry, thirsty and most of all lonely. But she started to feel a little warm as the wind stopped blowing. She still tried to keep herself warmer with her stretched blanket. She still looked around wanting for someone to come and rescue her. So she kept looking around just so if someone comes she would not miss them. As time went by slowly it grow dark and she could see the stars crowed in the sky. She was looking at the sky and she started to forget her hunger and thirst. But then she looked at the smashed building again. Looking still as if it has been like that for many nights. She felt tired but did not want to go to sleep, she did not want to miss anyone who may walk by. Her back was hurting her so she laid down on the dry mud and rocks. She did not know if it was uncomfortable because her back was hurting her so much. Then all of a sudden she fell a sleep unknowingly.


She suddenly woke up as the sun started to rise. The sky was shading bright orange and yellow. There was some thick blue clouds in the sky, the bright golden sun was peeping on top of a mountain. Oh it was a wonderful sight. She sat up with pain on one side that she had been laying on all night. She felt hungry and weak, she still felt tired after a long nights sleep but she did not lay down she wanted some one to come to get her. She looked around, behind her in a distance there was someone walking along with a huge baggage on her back. Her eyes opened with joy with a sudden burst of energy she knew she could not miss that person. But she did not know how to get that persons attention. So she screamed as loud as she could with a cry. Crawling toward that person, the person suddenly stopped and looked around. So she screamed louder and crawled as fast as she could on the rocky ground. It still seemed that she was moving slowly. Then the person stopped looking around and faced to where she was. Then went closer to where she was. She was so happy that maybe the person had noticed her.


She still kept on screaming as loud as she could, and then the person ran towards her almost slipping on the dry rocky ground. Aiming perfectly at her. The person did no stop until she could reach her. Then the person picked her up, rapping the blanket over her. Oh she was so happy all that screaming was worth it. Her throat was dry she could not make another sound. The person was a lady she did not see her face, she did not care she just held on tightly on her cloths. The lady held her close on to her, and stroking her hair saying, “It’s ok, you’ll be all right.” She said in a soft voice, as if it was a secret. She felt so secure with this lady even not knowing her. The lady slowly walked to where she was going. The little girl looked over her shoulder and watching the abandoned building fade away slowly. And watching the sun rise slowly but beautifully. Then suddenly a sleep in the lady’s arms.










The long journey




When the little girl woke up, she was still in the lady’s arms. But this time the scenery had changed. She saw that they where going down a huge rocky slope. The lots of tall like rock things reaching way up high, looking like it was reaching the sky. These things where mountains, Huge rocky mountains. The sky was clear with no clouds, all you could see was the sun shining. Even though the sun was shining it was nice and cool. Then for the first time she could remember something. She could remember sitting in a chair, in the end of a room sitting there crying out of hunger. She could remember a woman sitting on a chair looking at a wall smoking while she was crying. Acting as if she was not there. She remembered this happening, she could remember when she cried the woman throwing things at her when she was crying out of hunger. She remembered men coming in and out of the house. And she waiting for hours hungry and lonely. She could remember this place with dull walls not painted just in grey. With old red carpet looking as if thousands of people had been walking on the carpet in one day. She remembered this person that was not important to her but should be important to her. By remembering this, this started to scare her what if this lady was just like the woman she remembered or even worse.

This was a long journey. Even for the little girl, who was not walking started to feel tired. But the lady did not huff or puff. She did not slouch or trip over, she just kept on moving with the girl in her arms. She seemed as if she had been on this mountain countless times. Then the lady seemed to be going down the mountain. The little girl looked around to see where she was going, she saw a wilderness of trees down the mountain. She was a gigantic lake that was at the bottom of the mountain surrounded by other mountains with trees. She just could not think to where she was going. She might have been young, but she could not understand to where she was going. Could she possibly live there or was she just going to get something or did she still have a very long while to go. Little by little it seemed to get hotter.



This is only a part of my story please tell me if you want more of my story.
© Copyright 2005 handle (shebahpink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026671-Wonder