*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026827-A-Child-Dream
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1026827
The only dream I remember having as a child.
I awoke from my small bed, pushing off my green comforter. My little string-bean arms pushed me from the bed, and my feeble legs attempted to reach the carpet floor without hurting myself. I had heard a noise, and I simply had to discover the source.

Was it time to wake up? Would mommy be mad?

I stepped ever so quietly out of my room, my purple cotton PJ's assuring me that, with every step, I would be like a leaf among wind; effortlessly silent.

Santa Claus wasn't here.

I stalked down the hallway, passing the bathroom. The noise was louder, and it became clear to me that it wasn't in the living room to the left nearby. Rather, it was in the kitchen.

Daddy making breakfast?

Suddenly, I turned the corner. I gasped in sudden apprehension. It wasn't mommy or daddy. It wasn't Santa Claus.

There, standing beside our cooking stove, was Cookie Monster.

The big blue Sesame Street friend was in MY kitchen, standing next to MY stove. I stepped closer, and the big eyed blue fuzzy began to smile at me. His two goggling eyes were pointing in two separate directions - neither one looking at me. In his hand, I realized, was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure. What was this madness? I did not know, I simply smiled back at the monster. I stood directly on the other side of the stove and watched Cookie Monster intently, waiting to see what his next move was.

He smiled at me for another second or two, and with his free hand he lifted one of the stove coils and dropped the action figure inside with a clank.

I giggled. What a funny monster.

Suddenly, smoke began to creep out of the stove-top. I wasn't frightened. Cookie monster was here.

A few more seconds passed by, and Cookie Monster set his furry paw on the stove door handle and opened it up. After the smoke cleared, I saw something wondrous.

There, on one of the vats inside, laid a plate.

On that plate was a piece of sausage.


© Copyright 2005 Confound (merancapeman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026827-A-Child-Dream