*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026874-Service
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alison
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1026874
This is an essay writen for engilsh after I compleated a service
“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Up to his nest again, I shall not live in vain.” -- Emily Dickinson.
Service makes your life worth living. Without it we would never fill the need of showing compassion. Service doesn’t have to be extravagant, it can be has simple as holding the door for someone with a large load or taking the time to say hello to someone you see. Service is one of the greatest things human kind can accomplish. Service gives us a chance to show who we really are.
I recent finished a service to my great-grandmother, I helped her by cleaning her house because she is not able to do it her self. I decided to give this service because I heard that my grandma needed help. I did things like sweep off her front porch, clean the windows, and polish her wood furniture. Besides just helping her out it gave me time to talk to her.
“I think this assignment is going to be a blast and I know I am going to enjoy doing service.” Was my first reaction to this assignment. My perception of this assignment hasn’t changed at all I still think it was a blast. “My expectations for service is that it has to benefit more than myself.” Was my expectation at the beginning of this assignment. My expectations have not changed at all I still firmly believe that service should always benefit someone besides your self. Figuring out what service to do was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I never realized how much thought actually has to go into executing a service of any kind.
My great grandma was ver receptive to my service. It was especially cool when I walked in her face kinda lit up. You could tell that she was happy I was there. My service made a difference in her life because it made her life easier. She was mad at me in the end because I refused to accept payment for my service. I think she’s over it now. It’s cool when you can tell that you made someone’s day just by taking the time to talk to them.
Like Emily Dickinson said service makes it so our lives are not lived in vain. Service never has to be extravagant there are lots of little things you can do in life that constitute service and every one dose them. Service is one of the greatest accomplishments of human kid, it gives us a chance to show who we really are. Service is important and should be done with “Whatever tools are put at our disposal.”- Rabbi Avi Shanfran.
© Copyright 2005 Alison (happysmiles234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026874-Service