*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028426-The-thrill-of-the-moment-is-the-chase-1
by ATA
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1028426
I am Tria Lionheart, 11, parents gone, and i live with the Malfoys,what else can go wrong?
The thrill of the moment is the chase...

Cousin Draco seemed to have caught my hint and appeared in front of me everytime I reappear. The Ickle Slytherin found a pattern, how quaint. I refuse to let those imbecilic snobs catch me. It’s so much fun to watch Uncle Lucius worry. I hear all of his secrets, and he knows I know. Like the poor bastard can keep me quiet, I will have my voice heard in this family, to them or to others. Aunt Narcrissa wont even bother, she loves the aftermath punishment; chaining me to a wall, throwing forbidden curses at me every-which way. Her favorite is sending the Imperius curse at me twenty times, forcing me to apologize for being so "rude"; I have a very strong will, so it takes a while.

So why wont they kill me? Put me out of my damn misery? They cant; they aren't allowed. That’s my true mystery, and as many times as I ask, they just scoff and hold their wands to my friggn’ neck. Amusing huh?

So here I am, Tria Lionheart, on a daily chase, my hair in a high ponytail, my legs pumping quickly, my heart a rhythm to my running, and the power to disappear and phase through the thickest wall, guiding me to victory. Draco was on my tail, his wand in his right hand. I looked ahead; it was a dead end, for Draco anyway. The tingling flew through my thinning body and lead me right into the wall. I turned left, right, right again, a final left, and I appeared again in the dining room, where I was greeted by a beautiful screech owl that pelted me square in the head and dropped a letter in my hand. I couldn’t see anyone around the white flashes blinding my eyes, so I opened the letter addressed to me. A smile crept over my dark face, I almost forgot I was eleven; now I could walk through the doors of Hogwarts. Draco got his a week ago, as if my aunt and uncle were very happy. They look down on Hogwarts because Dumbledore accepts all people from pureblood jerks to sweet muggleborns. They just better be lucky Draco got accepted in the first place. I folded the letter and stuffed it in my pocket quietly and looked around a final time. I can escape them in Diagon Alley and get the stuff myself; I have the money. I have so much inheritance from my family I could buy my own house, but since I am not of age they wont let me and dumped me with the stupid Malfoys. Leaving me with 20 million galleons, 40 rolls of magic lanyard string in every color and style, a necklace of my Celtic heritage, and a journal of notes halfway full that was only used by my parents. I miss them so much, I thought with a sniffle, why did they have to die?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I let myself disappear again and slid into the wall leaving my invisible head popping out to watch the show. Uncle Lucius and Cousin Draco appeared and looked around, occasionally looking right at me and gazing past me.

" She is in here father, I know it." Cousin mumbled. My smile grew wider as I watched them search for me. Draco looked into the wardrobe and closets while Lucius flipped over the beds and anything large enough for me to fit under. Time to reveal myself.

" Surprise!" I shrieked, reappearing. They glared at me and I flipped playfully onto the shelf out of reach.

" Tria Janice Lionheart you get down from there NOW!" Uncle Lucius commanded. I paid no attention to him and gazed at Draco, our grey eyes clashing sparks at each other. Besides the family eyes, I was completely different. They had pale skin, and I had milk-chocolate skin. Their hair was silvery, and mine was black. It was just our eyes, or stupid eyes, they had to be the same.

" Why don’t you two make me? Are you scared?" I crooned, swishing my legs. The growl grew louder and Draco made a vain attempt to lunge for me, but hit his leg and fell to the floor. My laughs were poisonous to them; they won’t take me alive.

" You little bitch!" They yelled. I laughed harder and pulled out my letter, reading it thoroughly to see who notices first.

" Hey dad, Tria got a letter!" Draco said, pointing at me. I stuffed the letter again and grinned.

" Yep! I am going to Hogwarts and keeping away from my beloved Aunt and Uncle! How droll." I replied. I could tell them I was leaving; it would just make them angrier.
© Copyright 2005 ATA (trinityata at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028426-The-thrill-of-the-moment-is-the-chase-1