*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031409-Mommy-Daddy-Where-are-you
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1031409
Based on the Katrina storm
Good night, Mommy, Good night, Daddy.
Good night, sweetheart. Don’t let that Katrina storm scare you.
I won’t, I said my prayers. I love you.
We love you, too, sweetheart. Good night.
Wow! It’s morning already! The sun is so bright.
Looking out the window, it looks a pretty day.
I think I’m going to get dressed and go outside to play.
Mommy! Daddy! Where are you? You’re not in the bedroom. Not in the kitchen. Not in the living room.
No one is in the house. We were supposed to have a big breakfast today. Where could they be?
Maybe they’re outside. It’s so nice out. Mommy, Daddy! Where are you?
Where is everyone? The car is still in the driveway. The paper is still on the grass.
I guess I will have to take a walk to find them. They are nowhere here to be found.
Where do I start? I kind of remember that way. I will start there.
Okay. Here is my school. I don’t see them anywhere. I’ve never been up that road before.
Maybe they took a walk that way. Mommy! Daddy! Where are you?
I still don’t see them anywhere.
Where am I? How do I get out of here? I don’t remember any of this.
I’ve walked so long and far. I’m so tired. I have to rest. I will sit here on this bench.
Hello, little one. Why are you so sad?
I can’t find my Mommy or Daddy.
I looked everywhere that I know. Now I am lost.
Be still, My child. Take my hand and walk with me. Have no fear.
You are not lost. I will show you the way.
He looks so gentle. His hand is so worm.
The stranger does not seem so strange to me.
For some reason, I do not feel so afraid any more.
Mister! Mister! Look over there! I see them! Thank you. Mister. Oh, Thank you!
I see my Mommy and Daddy on the other side of that gate.
Mommy! Daddy! Mommy, Daddy! I’m over here. Look over here!
Mister they can’t hear me. The gate will not open for me. Please open the gate.
Why are they on their knees and crying? Who is that lying there in front of them?
Please, Mister. Please open the gate for me.
I am sorry, my little one. They are crying because they lost that someone they love so very much.
There was a storm. A mighty storm that brought with it destruction, dismay and sorrow.
Their loved one became trapped in the storm and did not survive.
Please! Please! Open the gate so I may enter.
My child, This gate may only be opened one way. This gate divides heaven and earth.
I brought into my house while you were sleeping.
All children are welcomed into my home. I answered your prayer last night.
I kept your Mommy and Daddy safe on earth, as I do not need them here with me this day.
I have greater plans for you. To help me prepare for the new beginning yet to come.
You are safe with me, my child. For, I am the father of all.
Pray for them as you pray to me, for they will hear you.
As they pray to me, you shall hear them.
They shall see you through their hearts as you see them.
I shall watch over them and guide them as I guided you.
When their time on earth is finished, I shall open the gate and let them through.
I shall bring you all together once more--to rejoice life in eternity with me, Your Lord.
© Copyright 2005 Lorenzo Coco Sr (shez5523lc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031409-Mommy-Daddy-Where-are-you